Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new take out 430 RBZ from a member. The satellite worked as soon as I installed it a couple months ago. Car's been in storage and I got it out this weekend - satellite worked fine Saturday. On Sunday, no more, just gave the number to call to activate. Is there a way to tell if this was ever activated? I'm hoping that if it hasn't, I can get the full subscription and won't have to transfer my old radios initial subscription over with only a month or two left on it.

Car is a 2013 R/T and I upgraded from the 130 to the 430 RBZ.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
It had to be activated initially otherwise it wouldn't have worked at all.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
They are activated when you get them new. A few months ago during november and december they activated all service as a promotional freebee to tempt people to reactivate the radios, evidently didn't work the first time cuz they did it again a month or two later. Could be why you noticed it working previously. I didn't listen to it once during either of the free periods.

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
When you bought the 430 you were listening to whatever service was left on that radio and guess Saturday night it ran out. Call Sirius and tell them dealer had to swap the radio, give them the new radio ID and after you get the plan you want, they will send a signal to the radio to download and start working. If you can't be at your car while calling them, they still can set up the plan and then you can either call back to get them to send the refresh signal or you can go to siriusxm.com/refresh, put in the ID and send your own signal, also a phone number to activate: 1-866-635-8634. The radio will not activate by itself, it has to be on and outside to receive the signal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts