Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard what the price may be on one of these beautiful cars? Is it going to be around the same price as the charger or what?

·
Registered
58 Posts
So far nothing but speculation.

I would imagine that it is going to be in line with the Mustang (the Challenger's direct competition). This is just one man's opinion though.;)

ScottyJ :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just saw on the cover of a different magazine that our dream car can be ours for "$28,000!" Can't wait for that bargain.

·
Registered
107 Posts
$28k would be nice....if that were more for a mid-higher end Challenger. The base Mustang is what? 17-20k?

In a way I want to keep the challenger a little bit more than that. Right now, every where I look I see a Mustang, and I don't want the mystique of the Challenger to be ruined by everyone having one!

As my friend would say, and I apologize to you that have a mustang but...."a mustang is like a tampon, every pu#$y needs one." :D

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
kirndog said:
$28k would be nice....if that were more for a mid-higher end Challenger. The base Mustang is what? 17-20k?

In a way I want to keep the challenger a little bit more than that. Right now, every where I look I see a Mustang, and I don't want the mystique of the Challenger to be ruined by everyone having one!

As my friend would say, and I apologize to you that have a mustang but...."a mustang is like a tampon, every pu#$y needs one." :D
You can look at it that way or you can look at it like this.....The more they sale the better the price. As for me I'm looking for price not mystique.

·
Registered
107 Posts
allhemi said:
You can look at it that way or you can look at it like this.....The more they sale the better the price. As for me I'm looking for price not mystique.
But I want my cake and to eat it too!! :D

I know your right Hemi...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would assume that the pricing will be comparable to the Charger. The Challenger won't be significantly cheaper or more expensive to build, and DCX is into selling cars: Lots of cars!

The 6.1 (which is what I am getting) will probably be priced about the same as a Charger SRT-8 and will fefch above MSRP when it comes out.

BTW: I am already on a waiting list (#2 Doh!) for the Challenger. When (not if) they become available I will get the second one from my dealership!

Dan

·
Registered
89 Posts
You're assuming the 6.1L is in the SRT-8. The concept car was badged as an R/T, which may or may not be the SRT-8 designation for a challenger. Was this an innocent mistake by DCX or something else entirely? I tend to think they will put the 6.4L in the SRT-8 which leaves the 6.1L (R/T) more comfortably in budget range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
davidb said:
I just saw on the cover of a different magazine that our dream car can be ours for "$28,000!" Can't wait for that bargain.

Not with a 6.1 Hemi in it. My guess is this car will mirror the GTO on pricing. Mid 30's. No way DCX can keep the quality high and put a Hemi in it for under $30K.

·
Registered
48 Posts
DanRealtor said:
I would assume that the pricing will be comparable to the Charger. The Challenger won't be significantly cheaper or more expensive to build, and DCX is into selling cars: Lots of cars!

The 6.1 (which is what I am getting) will probably be priced about the same as a Charger SRT-8 and will fefch above MSRP when it comes out.

BTW: I am already on a waiting list (#2 Doh!) for the Challenger. When (not if) they become available I will get the second one from my dealership!

Dan
WHAT?!?!? You are?! :eek: Wow, I have got to get my head in the game... How did you go about that? Did they give you any other information on the challenger at all? Price? Predicted release date? Models that will be available?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts