Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I mean is, regardless of which model you purchased, are you completely happy with it so much so that you have not done ANY mods (even decals, appearance stuff)?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I have a drop-in filter that was a gift but haven't done anything to it. I drive mine the way it is but I drive the crap out of it. I have a few things I want to do but I haven't got the income at the moment...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd imagine there are some who haven't changed anything but I'm not certain I'd look at mods as being dissatisfied with the vehicle. For example I opted to start exterior mods to make my car look like an AAR styling wise. I wasn't disappointed with the car and thought the car looked great before hand I just had something different in mind for how I wanted the car to look.

Take it easy
Jay

1,931 Posts
I didn't mod my car because I was dissatisfied. On the contrary I bought it because it was the perfect car for what I intended it to become...Modding a car is just a hobby I enjoy. Probably why the HellCat doesn't appeal to me...I rather take my N/A car and beat an FI car just to see if I can... especially if the FI car is a Ford or GM..

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
That's like asking "Anybody 100% completely satisfied with their wife?"
That's a loaded question for sure.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I was very satisfied until time passed by and I kind of miss the stick shift (bought auto since my wife said she would drive it... has never done it.. lol) but I was happy added some extra challenger badges, and then they crashed me and after that i been taking the car more often and enjoying, Diablo did an amazing tune and brought back the love for the car.. if you are not 100% satisfy I would recomend you a diablosport trinity and a tune.. then it will feel amazing :D it changed my view from the car!

·
Registered
968 Posts
The only exterior mods I currently run are very dark window tint an hk sticker and red caliper trade with a factory 392.

window tint is more for desert practicality, I think the cars look pretty damn good already, I don't want to change the look.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I would say that I am pretty much satisfied with my Challenger, there are a few things that can be much better IMO but I guess ill just with them. I would like to add a few stuff but due to the lousy dealer restrictions over here I might lose the warranty if I even stare at the car too long LOL!

·
Registered
416 Posts
read thes forums so knew of the various problem areas decided I wanted a white rt no options no stripes 6 speedwoke up at 4 am did an ebay search found the car 150 miles away hit buy it now.home with it at noon.only mod fuzzy dice out of my dart easily removed when driving they are unlawful in va.only problem little sag in headliner which I expected and will have fixed close to warrenty expiration

·
Registered
352 Posts
Id say for me, the thing I dont like is the stereo system. The 430n head unit is nice, but the amp and speakers sure suck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
426 Posts
Like a few others have said, I don't think mods mean you're dissatisfied with the car. I added different pipes to the car. I wasn't dissatisfied with the sound, I just wanted to produce more sound than before. I guess you could say I'm 100% satisfied and every mod adds to that 100%. So right now, I'm like 105% satisfied.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...cosmetic mods, but yes, I'm 99.9 percent happy with mine...

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Yes...and no

I heard ALL the horror stories about build quality on this site. My "Blacktop," is at least as good as my old BMW, or VW. The car is well built (I guess they had plenty of time to fix issues). Just wish it had more power.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I added some more stripes but yes, I'm totally satisfied. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
I've never been 100% satisfied with any car including my current one. It's a sickness, I know... I wish mine were sublime and had a convertible top. But, then I would have a new thought and want something else. It's not the car, it's me...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've never been 100% satisfied with any car including my current one. It's a sickness, I know... I wish mine were sublime and had a convertible top. But, then I would have a new thought and want something else. It's not the car, it's me...
LOL well I agree it's a sickness in that I can always find another project but that doesn't keep me from being happy with it... Of course having it frozen in the barn with goodies waiting to go on it will make for a long winter. Of the new house projects the chimney in the barn/garage keeps seeming to climbing higher on my list.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
If this car didn't have horrible wheel hop, it's be damn near perfect for it's application.

As far as modding goes, it's fun and addicting. A performance car just begs to be tinkered with. :icon_smile:

·
Registered
407 Posts
How's this answer? I'm not 100% satisfied with the car, but I'm 100% satisfied with the choice I made buying the car.
I've dropped in a filter, and replaced the H pipe with a Magnaflow true X pipe to change the exhaust tone and improve the flow. That indicates I wasn't satisfied with the car. But I purchased the Challenger knowing that I had options readily available to me to customize the car to my taste, which increased my satisfaction with the purchase.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'd imagine there are some who haven't changed anything but I'm not certain I'd look at mods as being dissatisfied with the vehicle. For example I opted to start exterior mods to make my car look like an AAR styling wise. I wasn't disappointed with the car and thought the car looked great before hand I just had something different in mind for how I wanted the car to look.

Take it easy
Jay

Great looking car!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts