Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 09 S/E i am thinking about buying interia 1.1 cams & ported lower intake this winter. has anybody done this mod ? and was there any differance and was it worth the money? any feedback would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
hemiwoman maybe has done this mod...not sure though

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with the numbers on interia's site with both mods it should make reasonable differance plus with what i already have .cai ,71mm tb ,headers& dauls.

·
Registered
495 Posts
with the numbers on interia's site with both mods it should make reasonable differance plus with what i already have .cai ,71mm tb ,headers& dauls.
If you think the gains posted on Initeria's dyno sheet are worth the effort, then you should do it. Don't forget that you have to pull the heads to change the cams so it might be reasonable to get them ported & polished while you have them off. I would check with Inertia to see if they used a custom tune to match the re-ground cam. If they did, then find out if they have a tune for a 2009 Challenger with a 42RLE transmission as their test car had a NAG1 and a different PCM and TCU. This naturally puts a Predator in your budget.

Better to ask and be sure.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I agree with Matrix. Something like this, you HAVE to add the cost of the Predator.

Of course the next logical question is, since you have the heads apart, why not also get their upgraded heads at the same time?

Now in my own head once I have the engine that far apart, I then say... well what the hell...... just get their stroker long block. *shivers*

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Wow didn't know these motors require pulling the heads to swap the cams, how annoying.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
holy cow guys your talking some money now with the stroker i'm in the process of building a 24x30 winter home for my challenger so money is a little tight.I forgot to mention i already got a predator.i would not be doing the work till spring a stroker would be nice but the other half would have something to say. she don't understand why we like our challengers so much to her its just a form of transportation if i do this mod i will let everybody know how it turns out.i was curious if anybody done it yet.its going to be a long ass time untill spring before i get to jump in my challenger crank the tunes and go for a drive!!!!

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
hemiwoman maybe has done this mod...not sure though
I would like to know what the cams will do also. I am doing a ported lower intake over the winter. I just installed a 71mm throttle body when we were at Atco in Nov. Didn't get to try it out much. Car is now safely in the garage with the SRT as we have a foot of snow on the ground.

Keep us informed of your progress.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SE
717 Posts
Just buy a V8
What fun is that?
I was going to trade my SE in For a new 2011 SRT but after I thought about it for the money I will be out I can do some real cool things to a 3.5. I am definitely going to do some internal mods , cams throttle body and I really want a Super Charger. The fun of owning the car for me is modding it and seeing what I can do next. At the moment my "next" is 20" rims and tires. :redcap:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly .the cars paid for and i am getting it the way i like it .this summer iput amopar strut brace on it put a mopar decal on the front spoiler. and new speakers 2 10 inch subs & 1000 watt amp so if i trade it i got to start all over plus i would have a car payment which i don't want.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
Just buy a V8
typical of someone trying to tell us what to do with our cars.

Let me ask you something....I would love to have a V8, you got an extra $6000 in your pocket? :notallthere: sure wish I did.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ah but devils advocate..... I bet upgrading the internals of the 3.5 cost around 6k when all would be said and done. Or the Stroker for that matter.

I think us SE owners need to stop trying to justify anything. There is no justification in spending money to mod any car anyway in non-carguy peoples' minds.

I say do it. When Hemiwoman is only 8/10th's away from a slow R/T test, you know there is more to be had.

Their Stroker motor is the direction I will go. It will be a couple years, but my next Challenger WILL be another SE.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
If you check out the 14 Second Club on here, you will see that I'm only 6/10's slower in the 1/4 mile than one of the R/T 6speeds that posted there.

I have $4000 in my car at this time. Next mod ported lower intake. Paid $50.00 for brand new lower intake(from Matrix) and my husband is going to port and polish it.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
keep it going Hemiwoman.

I dont think I will put that much money in mine, but for now it does what I want and I finally got it into the 15's

·
Registered
711 Posts
hey guys, I'm installing my inertia cams this coming week, ver 1.1, I have the P&P TB, JBA headers, dual exhaust, and a predator.

I will have thoughts and such afterwards provided the roads are dry enough for a drive when completed.

Heads are ordered and the PP'd lower intake is coming.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts