Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my chally for a little over a year now, its my daily driver. last week when i started my car in the morning, this set of numbers appeared on the computer screen in the tach that looked like the shift select panel for an auto. I have the 6-speed so it really puzzled me. I was changing the oil yesterday, and i had the key in acc. to listen to the radio and once i was done, and taking the car off the ramps, i saw it again, so i snapped a pic. couldnt find anything in the drivers manual. you guys seen this before?

·
Registered
10 Posts
No man I havent seen anything like that before.. I have a 09 auto but when i install a new tune on the car from my diablosport predator my dash lights kinda light up with those squares but on my autostick gear light it shows 8 when we only have 5 gears. maybe someone else can help out?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope, no CEL, thats the other part thats puzzling me.

its intermittent, some mornings it will and some mornings i wont see it. its up for all of three seconds and then i wont see it for the rest of the day. the only thing i can think of is that it might be a low voltage code?

·
Super Moderator
15,969 Posts
Low voltage detected indication - I had this happen with my 'replacement' battery that was taken care of under the service campaign (battery cables, larger battery). #2 battery went bad after 3 weeks.

When the 2nd replacement battery (#3) was put in, didn't have the message any longer.

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
FYI: My 2010 R/T has done this intermittently for months. The dealership had no clue. They contacted Chrysler engineers. The engineers instructed the dealership to change the instrument cluster. I did not want the dash torn into, so I declined the offer.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Low voltage detected indication - I had this happen with my 'replacement' battery that was taken care of under the service campaign (battery cables, larger battery). #2 battery went bad after 3 weeks.

When the 2nd replacement battery (#3) was put in, didn't have the message any longer.

wow. thats exactly what happened to mine after they did the battery cable and larger battery recall last spring....the car died less than a week after they put it in...i got a ride to the dealership and they took my old battery back and gave me a different one...no problems since...i was not a happy camper!

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
Low voltage detected indication . . .
Yes, that's what it is. Maybe you ran your battery down a little too far by playing the radio.

It shouldn't light the MIL unless the problem continues or the battery doesn't charge.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
My 2009 Dodge Challenger RT 6Speed did that. It was due to a faulty battery. Replaced battery and no problems since. Due to the draw on the battery once it loses too much power for too long, it got fried. New Battery, no more issues.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I have a 2010 RT Classic 6 speed. I have have it for about 6 weeks. I was looking at your tach and you have a redline on the tach at about 5500 rpm. My tach is all grey(no redline). Does anyone else have no redline on theirs. I f so why is there no redline? Thanks
All Canadian R/T cars have no redline on the tach I have no idea why.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts