Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anybody has ever Slept in their Challenger ??

I just Discovered that I have the "Camper Challenger" Model version.

I did NOT know the rear seat folded down, so I went out and fiddeled with it, and folded it down, and climbed in and I was able to Crawl thru to the Trunk, from the back seat area and lay down, if I wanted to, I could sleep with my legs and feet in the trunk area and the rest of me over the fold down rear seat.

Like if I was on a Road trip or something 500 to 2000 mi away from home or something.

I'm 6' tall too, tho only weight 180lbs.

I tested it out and I was quite comfortable, if I'd had sum cushy pillows and a sleepin bag, I could probably save some money on motels & hotels if I had to, and I make great security against thieves since I'm already in the car with my model 686 Taurus !
Anyway, I was just wonderin, if anybody had tried sleepin in the challenger like that ???

Doubt that'd i'd ever do it,, but ya never know .

Jetranger

·
Registered
630 Posts
My wife and I are too old for that. Plus, I wouldn't want to leave stains on the seats. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
In a very odd situation, I did once. In the same exact way u described. My old usmc infantry company is a boat company(zodiacs like the navy seals use) and we were doing some training on coranado beach and needed a boat watch for the weekend...why they didn't just lock the boats up in the boathouse was beyond my paygrade so I just went with it. so we basically drove our personal vehicles to the boats that were sitting on a boat loading ramp on coronado beach near San Diego and sat there for 24 hours to made sure nobody stole anything. it was pretty hot and humid so I didn't need a sleeping bag but used a neck pillow I found in my trunk as my pillow. I slept pretty well minus these middle aged ladies who kept knocking on my window asking if I wanted to come drink with them on their remodeled 1960s rv . its not a terrible idea but if you don't like showers and a warm bed with a free continental donut with burnt coffee in the morning I say go for it!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
LOL, Yep back in 08 even have an old thread here called "Motel Challenger"! Also I kept back seat down in last car (deleted it on this one) and would roll up on a parking lot, park and slip head first into trunk, then as voices would gather, pop out and scare hell out of everyone, it's that time of year...... Boo! ;)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
yes, on one of my commutes between Houston and KC. only for 4 hours. not comfortable at all. but I am old.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Last year made an emergency trip to Pennsylvania, due to family member death. From Tx to PA in a day and a half-I was bookin. Slept four hours at a rest stop in Mo the first night. Planned in advance and took a pillow and a poncho liner. Well it is not a motel room, it worked out OK. I was 53 at the time and am not in the best physical shape, but it was doable and comfy, to a point. I slept in the front passenger seat, folded all the way back. Woke up refreshed and continued on in my trip, arriving about 9pm that night. So, to answer your question, yes it can be done. :IThankYou:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Ya I would think the front seat folded down would be more comfy than trying to lay in the back.

Although I did make use of the back of my 66 Charger that way years ago.
It has a bigger flat area... but I was a young lad at the time, and had.company.
Don't remember getting a lot of sleep though.... ;)

·
Banned
290 Posts
I can sleep in the back seat with no issue. I'm just 5'8 though.

I haven't tried it yet, but went back there just to see what the back seat was like...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm surprised nobody caught that other than me, a 16 year old. Hahaha.
Well, you'll have plenty of time to watch old SNL reruns...

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Challenger wagon... Hmmmm.

Ya it's been done.... poorly.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
i slept in the back one time and it wasn't to bad. it was after a party at a friends house and there wasn't much room left in the place so i slept in my car. i put the front seats forward and folded down the rears. fortunatly i happened to have a sleeping bag in the back and i was out like a light. it was very comfortable and im 6 foot. i would defiantly do it again sometime :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts