Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprisingly it doesn't seem like there are any permanent dents. The white marks I was able to wipe off just leaving some surface scratches that should be able to buff out. I'm hoping something like this they can just keep the bumper and replace the clips. Or am I being too optimistic?

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,934 Posts
Yep, had two replaced. It’s hard to tell from the photo but if there is any warping or any tabs broken off they will have to replace it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I changed mine, only took a couple of hours. I just ordered a bumper cover and had it shipped to a friends body shop. Once it was painted, I just picked it up and changed it myself. There's a thread on here somewhere that shows all the fastener points.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its going to have to be replaced. I found some tabs that were twisted. Ugh, I'm just really worry about the paint mismatch.

·
Premium Member
9,658 Posts
Its going to have to be replaced. I found some tabs that were twisted. Ugh, I'm just really worry about the paint mismatch.
Actually the body and bumpers aren’t painted at the same place and time and they aren’t perfect now but...someone hit my wife’s car from behind and the body shop has it so close it’s near perfect and was never that good when new. Hope yours turns out just as well. Good luck, you will be fine.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,934 Posts
Just be glad your car is not Sublime Green! I have had such an ordeal trying to get that paint matched and after $$$$ it's still to far off and 80% of the car has been re-painted!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts