Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the $69 gf chips performance chip? My buddy just bought one and says it's a 4 wire install, not really a plug and play as advertised, says he needs an o meter to install it. He also says that the instructions say it may take up to a year for it to learn all the parameters, does that sound right? It's sold with about a $300 discount. His car is an R/T auto and he says the 2009's were simply a 2 wire install. Appreciate any advice or experience with this company or unit.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
The chip is snake oil. :SM130:
Would you like to buy a bridge?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
ITS A JOKE. A scam. Total farce. Dont bother buying it. Its the biggest joke on the market next to the tornado

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
It will work just as well inside the original packaging and placed in you glove box.

Just think about: "the instructions say it may take up to a year for it to learn all the parameters"
This just about sums it up. The maker has left a loophole to help prevent someone from claiming it doesn't work.

If there really was a $69 device that could give you more power and/or better gas mileage (and conform to EPA), don't you think the car manufacturers would use them? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
the only chips i see are resistors that are encased in plastic. you splice them in at the air intake temp sensor. it fools the car's computer into thinking the air is colder than it really is. the computer then richens up the A/F ratio to match the "colder" air.

this may make more Hp if your car was originally lean.
this may make you lose Hp if your A/F was ideal before.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The chip has a msrp of $399, yet it's sold for $69 with a 100% no questions asked money back guarantee. I told my buddy to return it and check about doing a predator tune instead. Any big improvements on a predator tune with an automatic?

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Up to a year to work? Why, so the warranty is up and it's past the refund date? Don't do it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
LOL, you'd think after this long, if these things worked, like, at ALL, you'd see 100s of threads here about 'ebay chip this' and 'ebay chip that', rather than Predator this, and Trinity that, no??

The part that gets me is, who are these people that are looking for parts and come across this crap, yet dont manage to google it to do a little research first??????

·
Registered
437 Posts
LOL, you'd think after this long, if these things worked, like, at ALL, you'd see 100s of threads here about 'ebay chip this' and 'ebay chip that', rather than Predator this, and Trinity that, no??

The part that gets me is, who are these people that are looking for parts and come across this crap, yet dont manage to google it to do a little research first??????
I think you guys should seriously consider building one of those babies in to your next gen tuner Mike ... think of the extra gains you could promise people :pimp:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts