Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought these Cooper tires for my Ram and these wheels were on the Ad pics. These are 2 different wheels. I see one says Weld Forged but can never find that specific wheel. The other I have no idea what it is.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah, that's a good looking wheel ,

parrott

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,326 Posts
When I click on the top picture, the date code on that tire appears to be 2003 or 2803, indicating the tire in that was produced the 20th week of 2003 or the 28th week of 2003. I’d imagine that Weld wheel has lonnnnngggggggg been discontinued, although the tires are still in production today.

The bottom wheel also appears to have a tire mounted on it with a date code of 2803....and I’m sure that wheel is most likely Hissss-To-Reeeee, too.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When I click on the top picture, the date code on that tire appears to be 2003 or 2803, indicating the tire in that was produced the 20th week of 2003 or the 28th week of 2003. I’d imagine that Weld wheel has lonnnnngggggggg been discontinued, although the tires are still in production today.

The bottom wheel also appears to have a tire mounted on it with a date code of 2803....and I’m sure that wheel is most likely Hissss-To-Reeeee, too.
I was thinking that may be the case but if I knew the bottom brand, I was thinking maybe I could find it someplace. I'm thinking maybe its an Eagle Alloy and they still may have some older wheels someplace but don't know. Hard to say without knowing what to Google.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,659 Posts
Looks close to Weld Cheyenne 5

I don't even find it listed except at Wayne's Wheels. No other pictures except Cooper ads

I see a similar 6 spoke, but also looks to be obsolete (Weld does not even show any chrome wheels on their site)

Looks like you may be a few years too late

A Guy

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks close to Weld Cheyenne 5

View attachment 999627

I don't even find it listed except at Wayne's Wheels. No other pictures except Cooper ads

I see a similar 6 spoke, but also looks to be obsolete (Weld does not even show any chrome wheels on their site)

View attachment 999628

View attachment 999629

Looks like you may be a few years too late

A Guy
Thanks for the research. I figured they were discontinued. The second pic says something on the cap but i cant make it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts