Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered a 2014 Mopar 14 in white with OEM blue stripes. The car has 800 original miles and has every option except sunroof and automatic transmission. A six speed may have been standard on all Mopar 14's. I'd like to get some educated opinions on what I should pay for the car. It's paintwork, dent and ding free. The car comes with all the original paperwork and the owners certificate. Only 100 of these cars were produced in total for the US market. What is a fair price for the car?

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just because it was a limited production doesn’t make it any more valuable. It’s only been 4 years, it’s not like it’s a collectible.

It’s still just an RT with blue stripes based off my research. I would pay based on that.

What are you’re intentions with the car?

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,720 Posts
I have been offered a 2014 Mopar 14 in white with OEM blue stripes. The car has 800 original miles and has every option except sunroof and automatic transmission. A six speed may have been standard on all Mopar 14's. I'd like to get some educated opinions on what I should pay for the car. It's paintwork, dent and ding free. The car comes with all the original paperwork and the owners certificate. Only 100 of these cars were produced in total for the US market. What is a fair price for the car?
I'd offer $20K for it. That one's now 4 years old. I bought a certified 2015 R/T with extremely low mileage last summer for $25K with the Super Track Pack and 8 speed auto for my wife. You can see it in my garage.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Here is a starting point I showed the value at the top of the end of the spectrum, even so, I think the value is slightly inflated but it’ll give you a place to start. Again, it’s no more special than any other RT out there IMHO.

Dodge has built so many “special packages” with these cars that there really isn’t anything special anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just because it was a limited production doesn’t make it any more valuable. It’s only been 4 years, it’s not like it’s a collectible.

It’s still just an RT with blue stripes based off my research. I would pay based on that.

What are you’re intentions with the car?
I have a buyer for my 2011 if I want to sell. I was going to buy it and keep it a while. The guy wants 33k. I have been told it's worth 30k. I'm just not sure I would be any happier with The Mopar 14 than I am with my 2011 Green with Envy Classic. My 2011 has been in my family since new. It's as new as a 2011 can get and I still love it. I'm probably going to pass on the Mopar 14 but if anyone is interested in the Mopar 14 I can put you in touch with the owner. He wants to sell badly. I believe he over paid for the car and he might take less but he wants me to pay 33k and he started at 37k. I think I'm done trying to negotiate.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Good call to walk.

He doesn’t want to sell too badly at 33k.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Pretty car, $30,000 cash in hand and he’d cave in.

·
Registered
424 Posts
$15K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I have in my collection a 1998 Ducati 748L with 11 miles on the clock. It one of the rarest production bikes ever made by Ducati. Only 100 made and could only be bought from Needless Markup, it even came with a goofy leather jacket (by DKNY not sure it could survive a crash), which I have in size medium. It was supposed to come with gloves too, not sure where those are. I bought the bike in 2005 thinking it was rare and the value would go up. While rare, it is not worth anymore than my 1998 Ducati 748 SPS with 13,xxx miles. The 748L is a base model 748 with silver body work (which looks like crap with the gold frame) and a carbon fiber fender and chain guard. This all sounds very similar to the Mopar 14 you are looking at. If you like the car buy it. If you are buying it for an investment, I would say pass. Perhaps my 748L will be worth the $11,000 I paid back in 2005 in another 20 years....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
Even though a limited edition, I don't believe there was a great clamor to get one, nor does it have special equipment beyond cosmetic changes. I'd base my decision on a 2014 with similar options. A Guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts