Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on the location (passenger side of engine bay, front of the block, below the leading edge of the shaker mount), I suspect it’s the camshaft position sensor, but I’m hoping someone smarter can confirm or deny.

This may sound silly, but I need to rule out any connection with the clutch pedal. Long story short, after doing my first oil change recently at 1000k and installing a catch can (Speedlogix S mount), the car threw a solid check engine light (code P0835, Clutch Pedal Switch Circuit High). I tightened up the connections and cleared out the error but it came back right away, and has stayed on for about 50 miles.

Before I head to the dealer for warranty service I want to have a general idea of what to talk about. I’m pretty sure the wire in the photos has nothing to do with the clutch pedal switch, but because it’s so close to the catch can I was afraid I might have jiggled it by mistake during the install. Also, kind of hard to see from the pics, but it struck me on closer inspection that there were several odd (90 degree) bends in the way the wire is routed, almost like it had gotten twisted around... strange, because I didn’t pull that sensor when I did the install. Related issue: I was hoping to remove it and straighten out the wire, but I can’t seem to figure how to get the sensor out. There’s a little red tab that apparently keeps it in place, but nothing I did (pushing, pulling, lifting, turning) seemed to make much difference, and I don’t want to break it. Any ideas, guys?

For reference, this is a 2016 Scat Pack Shaker (6.4L).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,343 Posts
that is the cam position sensor harness

1 - 2 of 2 Posts