Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anybody know where to find these purple halo's?

5K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  addicted to pcp 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I have a PCP car and have been following various threads about halo's but haven't been able to find any that are purple to match the car until now......the funny thing is I've been able to find purple matrix/UV fog light halos but nothing for the headlights. What's up with that? :scratchhead:
Anybody out there know anything?

Thanks,

-Russ

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys! This is one of the websites I looked at and where I found the purple fog lights. I got thrown off because the halo headlights didn't show purple as an option. I'll give AAC a call and see what's up. Again guys, I appreciate the help. :)
Thanks,
Russ

#7 ·
Are the purple halos the cold cathode tube style, or LED style? What about the UV halos? Hard to get info when they aren't even listed on their web site..

#8 ·
we cal them purple but the ones in my car are the led type and they are called UV the most expensive of what they have to offer.. your best bet is to talk with them on the phone...

#9 ·
Are the UV type visible during the daytime, or in sunlight? Most UV lights I've seen aren't that visible unless it's dark out...

#12 ·
Hey, that wasn't there this AM. I take it they monitor this thread??

So for those who are pretty mechanically inclined, how much work is it to get the front bumper off to get the headlights out?

#13 ·
Tom lmao :thumbsup: you asked and I had photos the bumper is easy headlights out easy baking and splitting the headlights apart and then doing the install of the led is PITA and time consuming. I paid AAC to do the light install :)

#14 ·
I ordered the purple Oracle Halos for the headlights and fogs this AM from AAC as well as 3 sets of 15" purple tubes, three touch LED switches, and a remote control kit.

Will be doing the install in 1-2 weeks, can post a how to with photos if someone hasn't done it yet...

I plan to install one 15" tube to light the lower grill, one for the upper grill, one under the dash on both sides, and one under each front seat (in the back) to light the floor in the rear.

#18 · (Edited)
Oh they can be baked, but it takes FOREVER. You have to basically melt the housing away from the lens, that is why most people cut them open. I baked one open and destroyed the lip. And then after you melt the housing away from the lens, you still have to cut through the rubber stuff that holds the lens to the housing. I even called AAC and asked if I was doing something wrong, they said no. They said the Challenger headlights are the hardest to do, and some Lincoln.

Cutting them open is so much cleaner looking and easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.