Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide how to do my hood. I am thinking Matte Black wrap and I am going to put the "Bumper Extension" like the T/A's.
I also want to put the Paint protection Film over it and the Front bumper.
Trying to figure out if putting the clear PPF over Matte will look to glossy.
I know about the Matte PPF but that will not work on the front bumper.
Any body done it and have some pics so I can get an idea of what it looks like before I decide?
Either on the hood or fender stripes

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Shaker
107 Posts
Sometimes my matte black Shaker looks faded. I was also looking into options on protecting the finish.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe there is a matte clear available if not mistaken.
Yes I know but due to the bumper extension I would not be able to use it and have it match the hood, unless I wanted the front bumper matte over the color part.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,448 Posts
Why can't you put the stealth PPF on the extension as well?

A Guy

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you mean cut the clear around the extension and put stealth on the extension? There would be a seam on top of the bumper cover.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,448 Posts
Many people get partial PPF on hood, fenders, etc. It's barely noticeable even up close. That part would be easy as it has the front lip for the edge

A Guy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dont mind the dirtiness, I just took the pic to show you the xpel stealth on the matte and the normal xpel on the bumper. Seam is virtually invisible

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.