Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if it's 2019 or 2020 but RS says it on the way!

Can you believe this? :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
I wonder if this will replace the 392??

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welp, guess it's time to look at trading in the Shaker.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,934 Posts
Hmmm, I would love to see a 426 Shaker!!!! Hemi Orange or Sublime!!!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
If they do, I hope they make it as an SRT 426 offering only. I'd like to see the SRT trim special again. Would be the perfect choice between Scats and Cats.
How about the SRT folks keep the 392 since they don't like the Scat's being SRT powered. Then you can throw the 426 in the Scats. Win win win.

*popcorn*

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
If they do, I hope they make it as an SRT 426 offering only. I'd like to see the SRT trim special again. Would be the perfect choice between Scats and Cats.
That would be a real smart move. I still want to see this, not it doesn't make perfect sense. I have predicted the it. Natural progression, but......... I still WANT to see it.

Reactions: johnnymopar

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Not in my budget anymore, but it'll be really cool to see a 426 again.

Anyone thinking that the SRT should be exclusive has to remember one thing...........................it's just another Dodge. Dang good one, but nothing exclusive, Shoot, the HC's are stacked up everywhere at rock bottom pricing. LOL

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what would one expect out of another 34ci? (426-392)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what would one expect out of another 34ci? (426-392)
I'd say 550hp if the same engine technology is used ...

Can't wait to see the comeback of the elephant engine!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
How about making the 426 a 5k option on all trim packages, then you could build a sleeper SXT
Yes! This and some differential gear options.

I have no plans to ever sell/trade my 2014 R/T Classic of which I am the original owner...but if they were to offer the 426 as purely an engine option, mark me sold for 1 R/T Plus, 426, 6-spd with the R/T Classic Package, Nav, SGII, and Classic II wheels ;)

Reactions: Big Daddy's R/T

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
If the past is any indicator of the future, this will be a deep pockets option if it makes it to production.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wait wait wait, reference? I'd love to see a stock 426 option come out...

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
a 426 R/T in Hemi Orange with a Classic trim package... I will be purchasing yet another Challenger! In 3-4 years that is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
RS (ResumeSpeed) has proven to be a fairly reliable "inside" source. If it's from him (and it is) you can start planning on it.
Gotcha! I been awhile for a good while, so wasn't sure who that was haha. Thanks!

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
RS has been posting more on a separate Hellcat forum but here are his exact words:

"One more tidbit - you'll see an all-new 426 7.0L NA Hemi (!!!!!) launched in the current generation :)."

He also states that the Charger is up before the Challenger for a redesign in 2022 and the Challenger will be later than that so expect a 2023 or 2024 Challenger redesign. Until then, it's at least one more refresh coming in the next year or two I would guess.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts