Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone received their 2011 Challenger's yet? I see them going out every day now on car haulers crossing into the USA.

Got to see a 392 in-person on one of these trucks, looked amazing! I also saw a whole bunch of SRT8's and R/T's in "Mango Tango" which is best described as a copper colour.

It looked GOOD, but I think Hemi Orange is better (since it's more vibrant) but it looked good in the copper-ish Mango Tango I suppose.

EDIT: I was just looking at the "Build my own' link for the 2011 Charger that I found over on Chargerforums and it has a colour listed that is the exact colour I saw on the car hauler the last few days. I guess it's called "TOXIC ORANGE"

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
A few people have delivery dates in the near future but no deliveries yet, at least nobody on the forums.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It looked GOOD, but I think Hemi Orange is better (since it's more vibrant) but it looked good in the copper-ish Mango Tango I suppose.

EDIT: I was just looking at the "Build my own' link for the 2011 Charger that I found over on Chargerforums and it has a colour listed that is the exact colour I saw on the car hauler the last few days. I guess it's called "TOXIC ORANGE"
Just seeing the Toxic Orange in photographs, it seems to look nice in sunlight, but in shade it looks copperish. Not a good look for this type of car. I see this color a lot on the Kia Soul. It seems to be more of an exotic car or rice burner type color. I also saw a Journey or Caravan in Blackberry Pearl. Didn't like it. In the shade it looks black. In the sun it looks very dark purplish blue. I'm glad I didn't wait to get my Hemi Orange. Every time I look at the car I get goosebumps. People keep giving me thumbs up when I drive it.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
764 Posts
I like the copperish color it takes on in darker lighting. I think burnt orange is a retro american color moreso than a ricer color. In fact 90% of the cars I see in a metallic/sunset orange shade are american cars. Covettes, early 90s camaros, rams, neons. . .

·
Registered
439 Posts
I like the copperish color it takes on in darker lighting. I think burnt orange is a retro american color moreso than a ricer color. In fact 90% of the cars I see in a metallic/sunset orange shade are american cars. Covettes, early 90s camaros, rams, neons. . .
Its definitely my favorite color right now. I'd be getting one that color if I already didn't have my car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Now that I think about it, it is a classic American color. When you think about the color, it reminds you of this

When I see the color, it reminds me of this :notallthere:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Now that I think about it, it is a classic American color. When you think about the color, it reminds you of this

When I see the color, it reminds me of this :notallthere:

I honestly don't see that many riced out cars in that color around here. The closest is the neon, which is still an american car. If anything, sublime is a ricer color, since I see quite a few golfs/civics/etc in that shade. Not to mention it's pretty popular for semis and cargo vans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts