Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m debating on going with these tires for longevity and excellent dry and wet traction. I have the Firestone Indy 500 and love the way they look. But only got 30,000 out of them and since it’s my daily driver wanted something a little better tread wear. It’s on my Challenger R/T Shaker. I’m going with 305/35/20 on the rear. If anyone has this tire maybe let me know and possibly some pics of them on your ride. I greatly appreciate it. Also if you like them as well. Note, I don’t take it to the track. Just get on it from time to time. 👍🏻

·
Registered
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
141 Posts
I’m debating on going with these tires for longevity and excellent dry and wet traction. I have the Firestone Indy 500 and love the way they look. But only got 30,000 out of them and since it’s my daily driver wanted something a little better tread wear. It’s on my Challenger R/T Shaker. I’m going with 305/35/20 on the rear. If anyone has this tire maybe let me know and possibly some pics of them on your ride. I greatly appreciate it. Also if you like them as well. Note, I don’t take it to the track. Just get on it from time to time. 👍🏻
I had them as my summer only tire for about 4 years. They definitely perform as advertised in that they do in fact grip better than all-seasons but last longer than summer tires (mine lasted about 35k). Are they AS good as a pure summer? Maybe compared to some. But as they say, you can’t have your cake and eat it too.
Sorry, no pictures.
j

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm on my 2nd set of them. I bought them because of their rain rating and here in Fl. man does it rain. Took a little while to get used to the look of them but now I dig it. Very good wet grip, pretty good dry grip. They are a little sensitive to tire pressure for best wear characteristics but 30k plus should be no problem.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm on my 2nd set of them. I bought them because of their rain rating and here in Fl. man does it rain. Took a little while to get used to the look of them but now I dig it. Very good wet grip, pretty good dry grip. They are a little sensitive to tire pressure for best wear characteristics but 30k plus should be no problem.
Thanks for the replies. I think I’m going to order a set. Do you happen to have any close up pics of them on the Challenger. Just curious. Much appreciated

Thanks so much. I think I’m going to go with them. Heard good things. 👍🏻

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I think I’m going to order a set. Do you happen to have any close up pics of them on the Challenger. Just curious. Much appreciated
Noproblem, here ya go.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,090 Posts

I’ve got about 20,000 on this set. I like them fine but I’m not a tire expert. I don’t drive the car hard, so no burnouts and related. I think I’ll get 30,000, but was hoping for better. These are the all season version. You probably already know but these are directional, so they stay on the same side of the car in rotations.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment 1020145

View attachment 1020146

I’ve got about 20,000 on this set. I like them fine but I’m not a tire expert. I don’t drive the car hard, so no burnouts and related. I think I’ll get 30,000, but was hoping for better. These are the all season version. You probably already know but these are directional, so they stay on the same side of the car in rotations.
Thank you as well. I’m the same as you. No burnouts and mostly highway driving. And they really don’t look as bad as everyone said. I appreciate the pics. Looks good. Love the color.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,310 Posts
Soft High Performance Tires do not and will not last cause of the Soft Rubber Compounds 30k is about what range many get.
When I had my 80 Corvette I remember I went to the Good Year Eagle GT4 Gator Backs they got about 18k on them and they were about done.
Id rather get a good all season Performer Tire, Good Year Eagle RS-A, Michelin Pilots which will be my next Tires ...

It also depends on where you live and climate as to your tires behavior and driving style.

·
Registered
562 Posts
This is good information, since I didn't know they are directional. I have staggered tires so I would be unable to "rotate" these since they are directional.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Correct. Only "rotation" would be front to rear, and since you're staggered, that screws that!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have them on my Saturn Sky.
Excellent traction, wet or dry. Not many miles on 'em yet.
Gonna put them on the Challenger when the time comes.
Man!!, I wish BFG made Radial T/A's in the size for these cars.............😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts