Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Technically u should have one on each side from what I understand. I don't know all the info and maybe someone who understands the system better can elaborate but for higher vacuum levels (not at wide open throttle) the more commonly used location is best but at wot or in boosted applications another one can be used where the article shows the installation. Because most people don't drive at wot all the time the passenger side connection is best.

Hope that helps and I hope someone can elaborate because I feel like I'm talking out my but since I don't fully understand how the system works.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Fresh filtered air enters the the crankcase at the drivers side of the engine, the crankcase vapors are then sucked back out by the the intake vacuum on the passenger side after it goes through the PCV valve. The job of the vale is to meter the air flow and prevent flow in the opposite direction in low vacuum situations like WOT.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,788 Posts
Technically u should have one on each side from what I understand. I don't know all the info and maybe someone who understands the system better can elaborate but for higher vacuum levels (not at wide open throttle) the more commonly used location is best but at wot or in boosted applications another one can be used where the article shows the installation. Because most people don't drive at wot all the time the passenger side connection is best.

Hope that helps and I hope someone can elaborate because I feel like I'm talking out my but since I don't fully understand how the system works.
Based on my understanding of the typical CCV system, and the Challenger's in particular, @BigDodge pretty much nailed it.

For n/a engines, one CC is all that is usually needed, and it should be plumbed into the ventilation line (the one running from PCV valve to intake plenum) on the passenger side of engine.

For s/c or t/c engines, a second CC is advisable, and it should be installed on the makeup line (the one running from air box to back of intake), which is usually on the driver's side of engine.

If a n/a engine is going to see more than its fair share of WOT, a 2nd CC on the makeup line is advisable to keep the air box (on OE setup) or air tube (on aftermarket CAI type setups) free of blow-by oil and such. This is due to the PCV valve's propensity to slam shut at WOT, thereby forcing the gases that would normally exit ventilation line to be blown out the makeup line instead.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Apparently they didn't need directions. Even on the JLT website it shows it hooked up in the right place.

Reactions: rayzazoo
1 - 6 of 6 Posts