Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking a for good Dodge Dealer that has a internet sales department. Wanting to make first car purchase a special event. I want to buy a Challenger online for my son then we plan on booking a flight to the out of state dealer and drive the Challenger home.
Has anyone else done a fly out/ drive Challenger home purchase?? Hoping to get a better deal buying online.

·
Premium Member
9,200 Posts
I'm looking a for good Dodge Dealer that has a internet sales department. Wanting to make first car purchase a special event. I want to buy a Challenger online for my son then we plan on booking a flight to the out of state dealer and drive the Challenger home.
Has anyone else done a fly out/ drive Challenger home purchase?? Hoping to get a better deal buying online.
I'm sure there are many worthy of buying the car from. Why not buy it local so you have a relationship when needing service, unless all the nearby dealers are a problem to work with.
You can still take a father/son road trip after.
Do you really want to do your break in on an all highway trip?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I did internet purchase but it actually isn't an online transaction. They will hold the car until you get there then you make a purchase. Most internet pricing is cheaper however

·
Registered
511 Posts
Steve White Motors in the Carolinas, heard they are great to deal with, will pick you up at the airport. Carolina would be a nice return road trip. I bought mine via internet in Marysville, Ohio not much of a road trip though, hour and a half.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I did with my 2013 R\T from Summit Dodge in NY.

I was about to order one from a local dealer, but while doing the build on the Dodge web site then searching for cars in inventory I expanded my search just to see if anything was close to what I wanted. I found one in NY (I am in Chicago) that only had one more option than I wanted at Summit Dodge.

I contacted them via their internet sales department, had them send me all kinds of pictures and had a lot of questions. They were very easy to work with, did a great job with the pricing and even helped setup the shipping for me! (which dealers normally won't do). The whole transaction was done remotely and everything was very smooth. Great customer service for me.

Edit: BTW I had an employee pricing code, so not much haggling on the price.

Good Luck

·
Registered
426 Posts
I found mine online and told them I was coming to purchase it, so they held it for me. Didn't make the purchase online though. I don't know that any dealers do that anyways. If you express a lot of interest in the internet ad, then they'll probably do the same and hold it for you. I think you'd be better off buying locally. You're more likely to get a better deal buying locally. I didn't care what kind of deal I got because the color I wanted wasn't one that you find a lot of, so when I found it I pulled the trigger. Buy locally, take the road trip later. Plus, no airline tickets either. What you save in airline tickets you can use towards the Challenger.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I bought mine through the internet sales manager at Royal Gate Dodge in STL, then drove it back to Illinois.

Not only are internet sales prices usually cheaper, in some states there can be tax advantages too. For instance in Missouri, until last summer, they did not collect sales taxes on cars bought out of state.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I've bought many cars from Internet sales. Before I bought this Challenger, I would just send an email to all dealerships within a 200 mile radius and tell them exactly what car I wanted, every option I wanted and ask them to please just respond with their final best price. Only a hand full of dealerships would come back with a no BS response, but then those are the ones you want to deal with. Hands down, it's a no haggle way to do business.

Here's something else that you can do, look through the cars available now, find the ones you're interested in and ask those dealerships for their best final price on them. You'll know exactly who you want to deal with within a few days.

Search New Inventory Results

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I bought my daily beater (Chrysler 200) from Steve White. Good place to deal with, and they have a nice selection of Challengers. Plus they are a vendor on this site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts