Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe im just a dick but when i see a 6 cyl with the same hood as my srt it kinda bothers me that dodge did that. that is all haha.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
I kind of know what yo umean, I was thinking that when I had my Charger, now that they basically all have scoops.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not really pissed about it but i was like come on really when i saw it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I want the Red Eye hood & wide body kit for my 2017 GT. To go along with those upgrades I want a V8 & keep the AWD.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts
I'd rather have the power bulge hood ;)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,916 Posts
Dodge, like other car manufacturers, does what is best to increase sales. If making the SRT hood available on SE models generates more profits it will do it. This reminds me of the initial production year of 2008, where Hemi-orange Pearl pearl was supposed to be a one-year run for SRTs. Instead, it was offered in 2009 (SRTs and R/Ts) and, again, in two additional years.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I love the Double Hump Hood on my RT Scat. It is "understated"......but clearly there is something mean going on under there!

Dodge has to make the 6 cyl appealing to increase sales. Gotta do what they gotta do.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
I figured it out! YouTube (and Ford) is behind it all. There is a Ford mole working at Dodge that sold them on the idea. This way there will be TONS of videos posted about how Mustangs are beating Hellcats all over the place, clips of one coming up behind in the rear view mirror, then they pull away. "Duuuude, didja see dat? Yah, Brah, you roasted a HellCat!"

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,403 Posts
I don't like that you can't get the hood on the v8's anymore. I don't care for the new hoods. I do have the itch for a Shaker...

·
Registered
Plum Crazy 2019 SXT AWD
34 Posts
Nope. I have a 6 cylinder. Need AWD where I live, and the ONLY reason I bought a Challenger was because they look cool.

·
Registered
849 Posts
If they don’t buy a car with it on it, they’ll just buy it aftermarket. No difference in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,836 Posts
I used to think the hood on my SRT was a lot more rare than it is now, but I don’t feel violated about it. Some love it, some hate it. Can’t blame those that love it for wanting/having one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont blame people for having them.to me it was part of the srt package. thats a part of why i got the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts