Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my normal holiday weekend trip to GA. My Uncle at 75 still does the Marine Honor Guard for the memorial day service ... and I find out this 11 mile stretch of heaven in about an hour away...
It's a must on the bucket list... still had the temp NJ license on her... if it was a closed road for a bit it would have been a hoot....

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my Bike, yes... but beware of the trucks coming the opposite way...
I felt and feared for the bikers... they leaned a bunch real close to the line... our cars aren't very narrow either...

Had a bear jump out in front of me, glad it was me and not one of the bikers...

I don't think I would have taken my streetglide through it.. something smaller more nimble for sure...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Did the trip last year in the Vette and had a blast! Do plan on going in the Challenger sometime!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Took my C5 Corvette on the Dragon back in 2012. Words really can't describe it. Sad part, it's just too crowded. The crotch rockets tend to get antsy, good thing there are a few spots to pull over and let them try to do their thing. I, too, had a black bear encounter. In my case, it was just sitting on the edge of the road. I slowed down about 100' feet away and tooted the horn. The big bastard looked at me, did a 180 and slowly "sauntered" back into the woods. I took it as a black bear middle finger.

I've attached a photo, taken the same day, from a spot on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Amazing roads, to say the least.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I felt and feared for the bikers... they leaned a bunch real close to the line... our cars aren't very narrow either...

Had a bear jump out in front of me, glad it was me and not one of the bikers...

I don't think I would have taken my streetglide through it.. something smaller more nimble for sure...
You should you tube search the guy who rides his goldwing through the tail... he looks like he's on a crotch rocket... I took my RoadStar (Yamaha) 1700 - she's big and bulky, she did fine.. though I'd recommend anyone who does that to take their time and know how to corner... we did have a 18 wheeler cross into our lane coming the other direction on a blind corner ... my wife appropriately saluted him as he went by... had a snake attempt to bite the bike too... was spanning the road warming himself ... I initially thought it was a stick and swerved to avoid it, but when it moved my buddy behind me said it lunged to strike my bike... LOL...

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
I'm going down to see the solar eclipse in August and plan to ride the Tail of the Dragon while I'm there. I'll likely ride the motorcycle for the trip rather than either of my cars.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've done it and the Blueridge Parkway on my bike. We had a great time and I'd like to make it back sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts