Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so the forums are ablaze today since the unveiling of the 2015 Challenger/Charger but they've both met mixed reviews. Does anyone get the feeling that Chrysler is in for a rough ride? I don't think anyone is going to pay $70K for the new HellCat and I also don't think the market will respond well to the new Challenger or Charger. It's just me. I'm not looking for a flame war but does anyone feel the same? I think the next few years are going to be hard for Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I think the CAFE standards are going to make the next few years hard for Chrysler as well as trying to bring Maserati and Alfa Romeo back to the US.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I think they will sell amazingly , people pay big $ for thr high end mustang and camaro and they will do the same for the high end challenger. As for redesign , if you like or own the current car 08-14 your going to your probably going to find issue with the 15 but we wil get many new buyers who didn't buy the old one because they didn't like the old interior etc. dodge just put new life back into these cars. We have been working 6 days a week building the current models for the last few years I think we may have to start working 7 with these ones

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
My only problem with the new one is a cant afford it now with buying a 2014. Change is always hard but things will be ok. We should be happy we can get a V-8 rear wheel drive anything that can melt the tires away. The horsepower wars WILL and I repeat WILL come to an end just like before. Grab what you can and have fun now!:grouphug:

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have fun for the rest of my life because I'm not letting this one go!

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I think the new challengers will sell fine...the Hellcat I dunno...guess we will see

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think it will all come down to the pricing. If they price them like they priced the Scat Packs then it could be bad, but if you can get a 6.4 R/T Shaker for similar to SRT core pricing and a regular R/T for the same price as previous years then it will sell great. People always want the next newest thing and if they are priced right it will do great. The Hellcat will all be up to price vs horsepower. Time will tell, my biggest curiosity is going to be how bad trade in values drop on previous models if the new models are priced right and selling fast.

·
Registered
610 Posts
with this new RT 6.4 no offense but who wants a hellcat!(i for one do NOT WANT FORCE INDUCTION! unless i decide in the future.. i like the reliability of NA cars over boosted cars) I guess the RT classics and most of the RTs owner (which is probably a big group next to the V6's) will most likely want a big 6.4 in their RT rather than go hellcat!.. im for one im glad that chrysler did only limited changes because the car was perfect ...now is more updated and still looking and feeling like a big boys car with the power to back it up..

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I certainly feel the 2015 execution of the '71 styling looks odd. Just my opinion that it just misses the mark. However I don't feel it is off putting to the point that it won't sell well. Also with a broad spectrum of power trains available at the R/T level I feel that R/T sales should increase. There are a lot of options there and a year from now there will be deals to be had for SRT power without the SRT premium. As for the Hellcat. It will sell. Not many. But some will feel the need to own the top dog as always happens. It certainly won't be the end for Chrysler.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think the "refresh" will be viewed fine. I mean look at the Camaro refresh that was done. That was nothing but a front and rear fascia change. The one area the Challenger improved was the interior, where most people thought it looked too blah and old.

the delayed release of Hellcat info I think may hurt a little. So when that finally gets released it needs to be a home run.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
I've seen pics of both the 2015 Challenger and the Charger. At first I did not like the Challenger but now but after looking a few more times I think Dodge has done a good job on the refresh of both. The new Challenger interior looks a little busy but I am sure that Dodge did their homework with customer focus groups. The front of the 2015 Charger is very well done. In any case the Challenger is a fun car and I am happy it will continue for at least a few more years.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I think the potential to sell a LOT of RT's is good...IF:

....IF they sell 6.4 Hemi's in RT's for less than what COREs costed. They could do it. The motor would really not cost that much more than a 5.7 (because it is a stroked 5.7). The more units they sell, the lower they can price the motors. When the Mustang 420 HP 5.0 replaced the earlier 320 HP 5.0 in 2011, Mustang GT prices did not face a huge bump. Dodge needs to sell 6.4 RT's at a fair price.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My observation:
1. I think they have screwed up big time by placing the cup holders directly behind the shifter. This is the number one complaint the Camaro guys have (cup holder placement).
2. The tail lights, I don't like.
3. That BIG hole in the front end, looks like crap.

If they want to ruin the car, why not put a 72 grill in it, and finish it off.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I agree with Brampton Builder. These cars will sell. Dodge fixed all of the outstanding complaints with the current model... even the minor complaints from this forum. As for Hellcat and the rumored 70k sticker... well... if you are complaining about the price then you probably aren't in the market for one right? When you get over 60k if you have to ask the price you aren't a serious customer. Again, I don't think Chrysler is thinking they will sell 20,000 Hellcats either... this is a very exclusive market and I am sure with the way the Viper is selling they realize this.

I am very impressed with what they did to the Challenger personally. About the only think I don't love is the bigger mouth under the bumper but that is my only minor complaint.

Glad to see that the shaker returns and on RT and SRT....

·
Registered
968 Posts
We are the minority in all reality. The biggest % of sales doesn't come from enthusiasts, but from the average daily driver who just likes the way the car looks.

So of course they will sell

·
Registered
79 Posts
I for one am willing to pay the premium for the SRT8 Hellcat, but it better have all the bells and whistles, or be a stripper like the Z28 but I doubt it will be.

Of course all of this will come to an end, enjoy it while you can. In 10 years you guys that complain now about the hellcat price can pick one up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Okay so the forums are ablaze today since the unveiling of the 2015 Challenger/Charger but they've both met mixed reviews. Does anyone get the feeling that Chrysler is in for a rough ride? I don't think anyone is going to pay $70K for the new HellCat and I also don't think the market will respond well to the new Challenger or Charger. It's just me. I'm not looking for a flame war but does anyone feel the same? I think the next few years are going to be hard for Chrysler.
I might. The Hellcat is likely to be the pinnacle of Dodge hot rods. Ever.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'll have fun for the rest of my life because I'm not letting this one go!
See, that statement tells me your point of reference. You plan on keeping your current car, and aren't interested in new ones. But lots of people are. I buy a new car every 3-4 years for myself, and my wife gets one every 4-5 years. I like new cars, and I want something different than what I'm driving now. I really like what I have seen so far in the 2015 Challenger, and they had to do something, it was getting way too old looking. Something had to change. Subtle exterior changes, and that's a good thing, its a great looking car. Interior wise, that's what you see most of the time, and that has me sold. I really like what I've seen so far, nice refresh, up to date, looks tasteful.

As for the Charger, I'm considering that for my wifes next car. I don't like her current 2010 Malibu and we've had too many issues with it. I think Chrysler will be just fine if their quality is able to hold up. My Challenger has been rock solid, and hope that its something I can count on for my next one. But they are like Chevy and Ford, can't afford too many missteps.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My observation:
1. I think they have screwed up big time by placing the cup holders directly behind the shifter. This is the number one complaint the Camaro guys have (cup holder placement).
:scratchhead:...The current interior has the cup holders directly behind the shifter.
The '15 interior has them off center at an angle, which I love.

The current interior, if I have a drink (or even worse me and my passenger has a drink) more than likely I will use the rear cup holder and it usually still gets in the way. But, with the new interior, it looks like the front cup holder is not directly behind the shifter and is out of the way of your arm while shifting (standard trans).

Plus, a little added bonus on the '15 interior, you have cup holders in the door panels! :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts