Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didnt notice it at first....but after 150 miles i noticed something crooked w/ the headliner when looking in the rearview mirror

its drooping 3/4" on the passenger side back window..the grey thing that has the rear brake light is 3/4" crooked too

when i put my fingers where the headliner and back window meet i can feel a 1" gap on the left, but only a 1/4" one on the right...its hanging down

took it in for a fix...they said its all 1 big piece and the new one may fit worse...they recommend leaving it...it is something i could live with, but should i for $50k?

im taking it to a larger dealership next week for their opinion...im leaning towards making them try to fix it

anyone else notice an issue?

·
Registered
144 Posts
i didnt notice it at first....but after 150 miles i noticed something crooked w/ the headliner when looking in the rearview mirror

its drooping 3/4" on the passenger side back window..the grey thing that has the rear brake light is 3/4" crooked too

when i put my fingers where the headliner and back window meet i can feel a 1" gap on the left, but only a 1/4" one on the right...its hanging down

took it in for a fix...they said its all 1 big piece and the new one may fit worse...they recommend leaving it...it is something i could live with, but should i for $50k?

im taking it to a larger dealership next week for their opinion...im leaning towards making them try to fix it

anyone else notice an issue?

Get them to fix it! Thats unacceptaple.That should not even have passed final inspection if they do indeed do final inspections on their cars before leaving the factory!It should be covered under warranty.Whatever you can squeeze out of them before your warranty is up , you squeeze it good. Heck, even if I bought a new car for $12000 i'd be on them pretty hard to fix quality issues.
Has your blower been fixed yet?

I have a feeling i'm going to be spending a long time going over my GWE
at pick up before I sign off on it, heck, I'll even be testing out the blower!!!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they tapped on the blower and it started working, but have one ordered to replace it anyways....ill be doing that next week.

the blower works,but makes a clicking noise when its on low...very annoying

i check my cars over really good, but you can always miss something..who checks their blower motor?...took the family for a ride one night and the windows fogged up and i realized i couldnt hear my blower...had to roll the windows down in 40 degree weather to keep the windows clear...

Dodge has quality issues for sure...i knew that before i purchased.....my friends are already making fun on my car...the bet is which will happen first...the tranny will go or it will start leaking....when i told them the blower never worked they joked about my car for 5 minutes...

im still happy with the car...i knew id have issues and i accepted it before hand...didnt think it would be w/ 200 miles on the OD though

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Huggytree - sorry to hear about your issues. I put 20k miles over 2 years on my R/T and had minimal problems. Hopefully once these are taken care of, you'll have smooth sailing. The drivetrain is tried and true, braking system is well regarded, etc.

they tapped on the blower and it started working, but have one ordered to replace it anyways....ill be doing that next week.

the blower works,but makes a clicking noise when its on low...very annoying

i check my cars over really good, but you can always miss something..who checks their blower motor?...took the family for a ride one night and the windows fogged up and i realized i couldnt hear my blower...had to roll the windows down in 40 degree weather to keep the windows clear...

Dodge has quality issues for sure...i knew that before i purchased.....my friends are already making fun on my car...the bet is which will happen first...the tranny will go or it will start leaking....when i told them the blower never worked they joked about my car for 5 minutes...

im still happy with the car...i knew id have issues and i accepted it before hand...didnt think it would be w/ 200 miles on the OD though

·
Registered
53 Posts
I noticed the same problem- it's about a 1/4" sag on the passenger
side near the brake light. If it doesn't sag I don't want to risk
the hassle and headache if it isn't going to be perfect. I'm worried
it will get worse in time- just in time for the warranty to wear out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There is a clip in there that just needs to be put back in place. Mine was like that because I had the tindows winted ;). Took it back and they popped it back in. It's perfect now.

:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts