Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anyone Else Have Holes In Their Rear Fender Liner? *PICS*

5K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  aarcuda 
#1 ·
I noticed that I have these stupid holes on both sides of my 10 R/T. They look like they are from the factory and can't figure out why they would be there. They look like a nice place for mud and water to get into.......

See less See more
#3 ·
Ya its the first thing I noticed on my car when I bought it. Its definately on all of them.

#6 ·
Tensix,
Have the picture been removed? I started at a new company and if the pictures have not been removed then it must be at my company blocking them?
Cuda Dan

#12 ·
Sep 2010 production RT Classic does not have them. Might check with dealer to have the liner replaced.

#16 ·
It may be of matter of which supplier(s) produced those batches.

I looked at my '09 (built Fall of 2008) and it has the cut-aways as well.

The major thing these liners perform is to cut down on the rock/pebble noise of things hitting the metal wheel well and the eliminate the pitting and corrosion issues that could result over the long run if the metal inner fender lost the undercoat / primer layer that protects the metal.

The main thing is any water the gets into confined places needs to drain away freely - its when water gets trapped between layers of metal (such as between outer skins and under-structure) is when the problems with rust can start.

At least with today's cars there isn't a metal wheel lip molding screwed into the body with a self-tapping sheet metal screw through the outer/inner skins - that was a problem just waiting to happen with the "old" approach.

Then there was the issue of water that could remain between the trim molding and the body...we all know the rest of what would typically happen over time.

#14 ·
I first thought mine doesn't as i have those slots, but it actually does as the slots are there as well. I went and looked at a friends Sep 2010 Classic and his does as well. Those who say they don't have them, have you looked close where those body pieces meet? the reason I ask is because atleast on mine, it is a lot smaller hole than that picture makes it look like, but it is sure enough there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.