Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure of the source, Il try and find out later today.

(Quote)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have on good authority that it will not be a production vehicle. (sucks balls)

A friend of mine was in one of the DCX town hall meetings where they said they are not producing the car. I said "you have got to be kidding me" and this is the answer to my response:

Nope , Mr Knot and Hilger stated there was no truth to the story . the photos are real for a prototype. when i heard that i made the remark you have got to be kidding that is stupid many around me looked at me .I believe that they heard it in the front roll . then they went on to something else

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
I think if it were an official response from DCX the magazines would have picked it up and reported it as so. And, even if they did, why would DCX deny the possibility? They never officially deny the possibility of concept vehicles, even ones that are far fetched.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what this says, DCX isnt offically denying it (publicly) but has decided not to make it.

I suspect it wont become a high-performance sedan (they already have one) I think we may be soon seeing a challenger truck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This better not be true

Hold on.... I think I have to go throw up now

·
Registered
477 Posts
Andrew said:
From what this says, DCX isnt offically denying it (publicly) but has decided not to make it.

I suspect it wont become a high-performance sedan (they already have one) I think we may be soon seeing a challenger truck.
They would lose their jobs if they admitted to future products that have yet to be shown publicly. Also, if you are selling Chargers now and announce a model that may bow as early as 07 some folks might not buy that Charger today and wait. Not a good business model.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nothing is official until the fat lady sings. The Mustang was "dead" at one point. Dodge will build this car if their is a business case for it. I think there is.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Was at my dealer today and they told me the word they have received 'so far' is a Challenger build for '09. So it would come out around May '08 is that holds true. Manager said, of course, that date could change to sooner...which is apparently what 'all' the dealers are wanting and voicing..according to my dealer. Anyway, I am keeping the faith and WILL have a Challenger in my garage.;)

·
Banned
91 Posts
It makes no sense for DCX not to build the Challenger. First, they have built cars, the Viper and the Prowler, that really had no logical business case. The Challenger has a much better case plus it would be a halo car for the entire line of Dodge and Chrysler cars. Second, everyone is ceding a fairly large niche market to the Mustang now. The Challenger would go after Mustang sales and probably increase the muscle car segment. There is no reason that the Challenger couldn't sell across the lineup from V6 to SRT convertible 75-100k cars a year.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Viper and Prowler were products of the Chrysler Corp., not DCX. They do not have a clue what we here in the U.S. want !

·
Registered
973 Posts
DCX hasn't offically said yes or no as far as production goes. As we get closer to the auto show in Detroit there are going to be rumors. And wait, when the auto show is in progress, the rumors will really be flying. I can see it all now.

After reading everything I can regarding the Challenger, my personal opinion is that DCX is much further along with this car than they care to admit. I see a pattern developing here that is similar to how they brought out the Charger. Based on that, looks to me like a December '06 to February '07 production date.

DCX reads the car boards just like we do. They know the interest that this car has generated. They are just one step away from cementing their production plans...the auto show(s). If the auto shows generate more interest, believe me DCX can't get this car out fast enough.

So, we're getting close to a decision. Hang on, it will be a wonderful ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sure hope that's not true. With all the excitement the prototype has generated, they'd have to be fools not to do it. They cannot keep ignoring the success of the Mustang, while they have absolutely nothing comparable to it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Why would they make the decision not to produce it when the car hasnt even been showcased yet at Detroit. Doesnt make sense.:confused:

·
Registered
748 Posts
ChriSRT-4 said:
Why would they make the decision not to produce it when the car hasnt even been showcased yet at Detroit. Doesnt make sense.:confused:
Good point.

·
Banned
91 Posts
There are still car guys at DCX who will make sure that the Challenger is produced. It has generated a lot of interest and excitementand it has the potential to be a big hit. I like it so much that I am going to put my 2000 Mustang Cobra R up for sale next month. If it bombs at Detroit it may not be produced or be delayed, nut I bet it will be a hit and we will see production sooner than we expect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I read the same thing at the exact same place where you read it. I have much skepticism about this statement, I will wait to see what cannibal says about where he heard this. I just cant believe that DC would state that they are not going to make this car when they havn't even had feedback from the NAIAS.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think it’s a lie or a mistake. (At least that’s what I'm telling myself.) I have heard from to many places that DCX is going to build it. This car looks almost to complete for a concept more like a production prototype. You can see parts from other dodge cars in it. The pedals look just like SRT-4 pedals. Plus the photos, their all out doors. They're not studio shots like a lot of the radical concepts DCX has done in the past. I don't remember pics like this in 99 when the Charger Concept came out. Plus the new Charger was never a concept they just designed it and built it. First the sketch was released then the spy shots and finally it was released at the NAIAS. I think it will be built I also think it will come out faster than they're letting on.

·
Registered
598 Posts
They always say things like this for the hype....wait until the unveiling and the overall feedback and comments from the journalists and editors from around the world at the NAIAS ....not to mention groups like us:D. I guarantee they'll build this, especially after seeing how well the retro stang did, as well as the original feedback from many, about the controversial 4dr. charger when it first came out. Build it and they will come!;) :cool:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I'll say this....Anyone that thinks this car is not going to be built must have a loose screw. This car will be built!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts