Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anyone else like the stock exhaust ?

5K views 28 replies 26 participants last post by  04bluesrt4 
#1 ·
I am really liking the sound of the stock exhaust it opened up a bit at around 5,000 miles. I like the fact that it is nice and quiet until you put the hammer down on the Rice Boys with the Tin Can Mufflers ======

:saythat::werd::gotrice::rice::grim:

#3 ·
Agree. I put Zoomers on my 2010 and loved them but my car is a daily driver
and I just got tired of it always being loud. Not much of a hey look at me type
(with hemi orange, yeah right lol). I was just about to sell them and go back to
stock but then I traded it in for the 2013 PCP. Very happy with the stock exhaust
and will probably keep it that way until it's no longer my daily driver, maybe long.
Note I'm referring to the manual exhaust. The auto is probably a little to quiet for
me.

#6 ·
Bro I love my exhaust I didn't know if it was after market cause I got it used but I'm pretty sure it's stock I looked at pics of stock cars

Reactions: yladrd61
#9 ·
I too like the sound of my stock 5.7, six-speed exhaust. :D
I have no intention of changing it.

#10 ·
Yes

I like the sound of the 6 speed RT exhaust.

#11 ·
Hmmm......I wonder if my exhaust will sound a little deeper after 5k miles as well. Only got 2k on her and I think she needs more growl.

BTW, its a 13 A5. If it doesn't, I will wait until spring/summer to change out the exhaust.

#27 ·
5600 on my SRT and yes, the sound does get better:banger:

#12 ·
Agree SRT 6-M exhaust best flow and stock sound!

Have a couple friends still rocking SRT392 6-M stock, best sound and flow out of the box/stock, non restrictive resonators and they do get better with age as far as louder but us oldsters know that's the glass packs burning in which always gets better sounding! On my R/T even though it sounded great, had to drop the weight/restrictive resonators but in your situation if you dropped them you would just save weight/add sound, it is a SWEET ride as is, AGREED! :D

#16 ·
I like the sound of the stock system as well. Just the right amount of in-cabin sound and when you give it the beans, plenty of noise. Did not notice any change from the K&N drop in, but I don't think I did more than drive it home from the dealer before I changed it.

#17 · (Edited)
I like the sound my stock exhaust makes when I first crank up the SRT8 6M in the morning. Nothing like that cold start. Also, I had a chance or need to open her up on the freeway just to get rid of a creep riding my ass. The sound at WOT is great. And yes, I have approximately 5,000 miles on her.

#18 ·
It didn't excite me. I needed more muscle sound. Threw on some Magnaflow glasspacks to do the trick. Someday I'll have the Magnaflow Competition Series system.

#25 ·
Same here...

Perfectly happy with mine. I'm not going to spend money to make it louder, and gain no HP.

Plenty of LOUD pickups in my area, I don't need LOUD to get attention, the color and car does this enough already. LOL
Seems like the loudest rides in Virginia Beach are trucks (there is plenty of muscle here). Some of these trucks sound d@mn good.

#21 ·
I could barely hear the stock system. Installed Borla "Touring" system at 2600 miles. Zero drone on my 6 speed and very nice sound to my old ears.

#23 ·
I liked the 392 manual tone ok. Problem is the wife did too. I did want a bit more rumble, especially at idle & low RPM's.

Zoomers made it just loud enough where she didn't want to drive it after her maiden running errands "in the purple car." Hasn't driven it since...

Thank you Zoomers. Mission accomplished!

#28 ·
I liked the 392 manual tone ok. Problem is the wife did too. I did want a bit more rumble, especially at idle & low RPM's.

Zoomers made it just loud enough where she didn't want to drive it after her maiden running errands "in the purple car." Hasn't driven it since...

Thank you Zoomers. Mission accomplished!
Now that there is funny! LOL nice :sneaky:

I am looking for a little bit more from mine, happy with the factory but going for more, and my Wife is scared to drive mine. Its odd because when we met she was driving a 71 Cuda and me a 71 GTO, hers was an Auto, never good at the shifting thing she said.

#24 ·
I also like the sound of stock exhaust system. I think the 6 speed helps with the sound of the stock system. When I need a little noise I give it a little gogo juice and then its music to my ears....

#26 ·
I'm very happy with the stock exhaust on my SRT. Nice low rumble at idle and it means business at wot. No need to be too loud. Sometimes that makes more of a statement I think. People know the car is mean and if they dont, well... it can speak for itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.