Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
Oh yeah - T/A radial (in modern tread compounds) with RWL...I'd be all over that!

the clean smooth sidewalls - prep those with tire dressing and they looked great.

I kind of cringe when I see tires with the huge lettering that have car maker or model on the tires...nobody every did that.

it was the tire brand and the model of tire, in blackwall, OWL or RWL and the non performance tires were blackwall or whitewall

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,534 Posts
If they will make it I will buy it!,

Reactions: OregonScat

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,372 Posts
I agree miss Raised White Letters on Performance Tires....
I also wish someone made a good permanent paint marker but everyone turns yellow and
fades off ...

As to complete the look why can't Year One make their 17" version of these with a 5x115mm Lug Pattern they make them 5x114.3 ? or scale the 17" with a 5x115mm to a 18" Love the classic Steel Wheels with Caps.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I also wish someone made a good permanate paint marker but everyone turns yellow and
fades off ...

As to complete the look why can't Year One make their 17" version of these with a 5x115mm
Lug Pattern they make them 5x114.3 ? or in a 18" Love the classic Steel Wheels with Caps, View attachment 1015225
This! :)(y)

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
love that wheel. My favorite mopar wheel ever but my car needs 20s and 20s look crappy in that style.
I also wish someone made a good permanate paint marker but everyone turns yellow and
fades off ...

As to complete the look why can't Year One make their 17" version of these with a 5x115mm
Lug Pattern they make them 5x114.3 ? or in a 18" Love the classic Steel Wheels with Caps, View attachment 1015225
maybe we can talk speed logic into getting bfg to make some. Id bet the mustang and camaro guys would like them too. At least the old school owners

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
What abou
love that wheel. My favorite mopar wheel ever but my car needs 20s and 20s look crappy in that style.
The Foose wheel looks Horrible in that design but its not fully Accurately Scaled up either. Its more a Pie Pan Design...
The Biggest Real Dead on thats out is a 17" but the Lug Pattern s 5x114.3 not a 5x115 which to me is nuts
when I contacted Year One they were telling me they didnt see the demand ??? Are you kidding me....
I spent 3 days Scaling the 17" wheels in Photoshop to fit I say Make them and many of us would get them ...

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks good but looks a bit high. Would look better slammed a bit. but if they made them 20 in looking like that and a set of bfg ta's id be all in.

·
Super Moderator
15,475 Posts
I was always partial to the deluxe road wheels that were optional on the Challenger and Barracuda in the 70s. That's what I had on my 1971 'Cuda. The 2008 Challenger's forged aluminum wheels were based on this design.

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
I was always partial to the deluxe road wheels that were optional on the Challenger and Barracuda in the 70s. That's what I had on my 1971 'Cuda. The 2008 Challenger's forged aluminum wheels were based on this design.

View attachment 1015273
yes - the Magnum 500 road wheels (14" only) or the Rallye wheels (14" or 15")

what I don't "get" are folks that say they prefer the painted steel wheels with the "dog dish" caps. Mind you, the early '70 production had them in body color, later they were all black only.
- I don't like them at all. Looks like base pickup truck wheel treatment to me

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
looks good but looks a bit high. Would look better slammed a bit. but if they made them 20 in looking like that and a set of bfg ta's id be all in.
I'm not a fan of slamming a car and on my street there is speed bumps so not going to lower it handles and rides just fine way it is just want those wheels though.

Wish enough people would keep on Year One to Produce these in 18" and with our 5x115mm lug pattern Even Their Alloys are way better
then the Foose ones.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
What abou

The Foose wheel looks Horrible in that design but its not fully Accurately Scaled up either. Its more a Pie Pan Design...
The Biggest Real Dead on thats out is a 17" but the Lug Pattern s 5x114.3 not a 5x115 which to me is nuts
when I contacted Year One they were telling me they didnt see the demand ??? Are you kidding me....
I spent 3 days Scaling the 17" wheels in Photoshop to fit I say Make them and many of us would get them ...
View attachment 1015237
Those are just too small.

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im sure if they did it theyd do it at 20 so it fit them all.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Oh yeah, I’d be all over a 20” RWL tire.

Also wish I could get a wheel like the old Centerline Champ 500 wheels from the 80’s like my dad had on his 68 Camaro...

·
Registered
2011 gwe srt
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the old keystone classic black chrome spoked would look good on that black car of yours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts