Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 2017 SRT, I really do. However I noticed on longer drives, my right knee starts rubbing too much against the bottom right corner of the foot well, where it meets the dash. Right by the volume knob. Anyone else has this issue and found some kind of resolution?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Picked up my '19 last weekend and drove it back almost 3 hours from the dealer to my house.
Noticed the same thing.
I previously had two other Challengers, both SRT392s and never noticed it.
Maybe they changed something in that area? An extra notch or something that wasn't there before?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Have not noticed that in my 2018 GT - but a lot depends on your height, seating position, etc. I'm not sure I know exactly what area you are referring to (will have to sit in the car to tell without seeing a picture), but I haven't noticed anything like that - but I'm on ~5'8"...

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,627 Posts
I don't think I could make my knee touch if I had to. I'll check though. I'm 6' and currently about 260# on my way down, and I ride with the seat all the way back, and the column back a bit. I have a goofy ankle problem and like to straighten out my legs.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Never had that issue. Had a 3 hour drive home from the dealer and just did a 4 hour round trip last weekend.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
OP i have the same “issue”

A couple google searches shows they sell little pillows especially for camaros for the same issue. Ive though about a little velcro pad attached to something soft to stick on there but not a clean way to do it

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Here is a photo my knee rubbing against the dash. Moving the seat back and forward just results in my knee moving higher or lower on that edge. I'm 6' exactly so a little surprised it's not a more common problem.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,880 Posts
Looks like your seat is riding way forward from the pic provided. I’m 6’4” and my knee doesn’t come close to where yours is. I have the seat almost all the way back and down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like your seat is riding way forward from the pic provided. I’m 6’4” and my knee doesn’t come close to where yours is. I have the seat almost all the way back and down.
My seat is actually almost all the way back :)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Just took a few pictures. One with knee against console and one without. Something must have really changed in the interior since 2015 or you have really really long femurs!
8B074284-1CBD-4F97-97BB-FA04D5874220.jpeg

1C7939F5-D294-4314-A572-3E75C8491C9A.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 RT Plus
60 Posts
I'm 6'5" and all legs and don't come close to the dash at all in my 2018 RT. Seats can make a difference in the contour/shape, I have leather seating.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh wow, I wonder what's different that our knees are in such different places. I've got the Laguna leather seats

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Can’t imagine seat material would make that much of a difference.
My car has Alcantara ( SP?) seats.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,048 Posts
Manspreading...

A Guy

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Something doesn't seem right. I wouldn't think that your knees should be so close to the dash if the seat is all of the way back? I wonder if something is stopping the seat from going back all of the way?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Not sure how this is happening...I'm 6'2" and these legs go all the way to the ground as my wife likes to say, lol....I'm a good 2inches away (towards the driver side) from that spot when I sit in my seat. My knee does come to the same general area as yours but inboard quite a ways....Maybe you have full-bore lumbar inflated and pushing you out of the seat some? idk

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,627 Posts
Do you mean rubbing the center console? I just checked and my knee couldn't reach the dash if I had to, at least 5", maybe 6".

1 - 20 of 25 Posts