Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my car less than a week. I have not driven around much in sport mode. Also, it has been extremely hot in my area of the country...even at night. So, to make a long story a little shorter, I was driving last night in sport mode with the windows down. I left from a stoplight...not like a crazy kid, but just a little more emphatic than usual. I heard this snarling, popping and burbling. My first thought was that someone in a new mustang gt was coming up on me from behind. Then I realized it was me. This car has one of the best stock exhaust notes I have ever heard.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That's a used car then? I hope you followed the break-in procedure. I know this is off topic but I thought you just bought that new?

Yes our scat's have an amazing stock exhaust system, totally agree.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's a used car then? I hope you followed the break-in procedure. I know this is off topic but I thought you just bought that new?

Yes our scat's have an amazing stock exhaust system, totally agree.

Yes, it's a 2017 with 27k miles. Still looks and smells new. BTW, mine is a 5.7. I can't imagine how good the exhaust sounds in the 6.4.

Confoundingly, the exhaust on my 2000 C5 Corvette with the LS1 was much better sounding than the exhaust on my 2011 C6 with the 6.2 LS3.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ok cool man. Enjoy your ride. :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have had my car less than a week. I have not driven around much in sport mode. Also, it has been extremely hot in my area of the country...even at night. So, to make a long story a little shorter, I was driving last night in sport mode with the windows down. I left from a stoplight...not like a crazy kid, but just a little more emphatic than usual. I heard this snarling, popping and burbling. My first thought was that someone in a new mustang gt was coming up on me from behind. Then I realized it was me. This car has one of the best stock exhaust notes I have ever heard.
LOL , I was worried for a second; though you were going to say ,put it in sport mode, and the drive shaft dropped out at the stop light.:oops:

Glad it is a 'good thread' . Yeah, the sound from the RT we rented made us consider, the Challenger and color was great. Wasn't even looking for a car !

They do sound good, just starting it up in the garage, it rumbles. 'snarling' Good description, but not obnoxious. It is pleasant, not hard on the ears, I hear obnoxious through town, but this car is NOT obnoxious.

agree completely with 'acidfingertips' , it is a great exhaust note !
best regards

Reactions: Rg21044

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have to agree with you, hit about 5k rpms from 30mph and listen to the pipes with the windows down. Best sounding stock exhaust I have ever heard.
Was thinking about mid muffler delete but I think I am going to leave it alone.

I am almost at 3k miles and the exhaust sounds better every day.

Next I'm thinking 20% tint all around....

·
Registered
324 Posts
My eyes usually roll back in my head at this point so get used to it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
How does it work with the smart windows? I mean does it clear the bottom and the top or do you have a space? Talked to my tint guy and he said something about shaving the tint but its extra.
Did you tint the front window? Wondering what my green looks like with 20%.
Also do you guys think it kills the resale on them? Being its not factory tint?
I can't go drive a scat or I will want one. Gotta stay away from them...

·
Registered
301 Posts
My neighbor is a die hard corvette owner. Everything since C5. He loves the sound of my 392. Says his C7 sounds like it is blowing bubbles in the bathtub!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
IF I had a bunch of money I didn't know what to do with I would try to make the exhaust on my SP a little tiny bit louder when cruising. Just so I can hear the pops and snaps better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In the roughly one week that I have had my Challenger I have had three different late model Mustang gt owners pull up next to me at a stoplight and give me an auditory show....kind of like a peacock displaying its feathers when threatened.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
186 Posts
How does it work with the smart windows? I mean does it clear the bottom and the top or do you have a space? Talked to my tint guy and he said something about shaving the tint but its extra.
I got 20% on my 19 GT they did not have to shave the tint they told me they heated it up to ensure it did not come loose from the auto windows.

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
My dealer had the tint done at one of the top shops that they deal with. I wanted it done before delivery.

Lifetime warranty on workmanship and product. IIRC, it cost around $175.

3 1/2 years and zero issues with the tint. Don't know exactly how they did the install, but they do auto down windows all the time. That's why the dealer uses them.

60562.jpg

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't really know how they did it but they did and we haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
981 Posts
In the roughly one week that I have had my Challenger I have had three different late model Mustang gt owners pull up next to me at a stoplight and give me an auditory show....kind of like a peacock displaying its feathers when threatened.
Really? Huh. Everyone always has these experiences but these never seem to happen to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah really. It’s funny that it has happened more in one week of ownership of the Challenger than it did in two years with the vette. Maybe they just knew the vette would embarrass them.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yeah really. It’s funny that it has happened more in one week of ownership of the Challenger than it did in two years with the vette. Maybe they just knew the vette would embarrass them.
Sometimes I get the wieners in their lawnmower civics revving as high as they can as they drive by at a stop sign or something, I usually laugh at how shit their car sounds. I had a Subaru this morning after this that seemed to rev high before he turned left. I find it funny because there is nothing I could care about less than their car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: F8HemiRT
1 - 19 of 19 Posts