Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Scat Pack M6 81K miles. My Clutch stopped disengaging at traffic light. Had it towed to the dealership and asked them to consider it under the 7/100 CPO power train warranty. They refused, wanted $3K for the clutch and accused me of beating on the car. I reminded them I replaced the original tires at 45K miles and was still on the second set. Immediately had it towed to my local independent guy. Bought a Mopar clutch kit from MMX for $450, shop charged $650 to install it. Kept the parts to show the dealership after giving them a poor rating on a dealership review website. The original clutch was in great shape at 81K miles as seen below. But I've never seen a spring pop out of a clutch like this before.
Gas Circle Machine Rim Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Wood Rim Automotive lighting Gas
Automotive tire Stairs Wood Rim Automotive wheel system

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
My Clutch stopped disengaging at traffic light......The original clutch was in great shape at 81K miles as seen below. But I've never seen a spring pop out of a clutch like this before.
This confuses me.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
887 Posts
I personally have only seen that one other time, in the early 70's. I did one too many clutch dumps street racing with a rebuilt clutch. I heard it go, got very lucky and have only used performance clutches ever since.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, confuses me too, I picked the car up as a CPO at 7k miles. Never had an issue. Replaced factory tires at 45k, clutch went at 81K. I’m obviously not doing redline sidesteps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts