Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback and reviews if you've ever just sold a vehicle to Carvana?

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
245 Posts
Carvana worked out great for me - sold 2 cars to them for many $K above a dealer trade in. The entire process was seamless and fast. They didn't give me any grief about any dings or scratches etc. I can't complain.

In regards to the comment about low balling above - just realize you're not going to get private party $s selling your car this way. I got about 1/2 way between private party & dealer trade in. Benefit is you don't have the crazies trying to take your car for a joyride, and you have an offer within about 5 minutes instead of waiting days, weeks, or months.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
I put my car in, offered me under $6,000. Had like $28,000 in deductions for everything that I couldn't turn off! Like it would keep wrecked, damage, condition, area, all kinds of deductions, even though I chose none of those.
It was kind of funny in a sad way.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
513 Posts
I tried to sell my Ranger on Craigslist for about a month, got nothing but scams and stupidity. After 17 years of NE Ohio, it was rusty, had been smoked in, generally kind of roached. Carvana gave me what I considered a lowball offer, but it was a REAL offer, so I took it. No hassles, no BS.

They want a pic of the odometer, but they'll take your word on everything else.

They don't pay top dollar, but you also know they won't turn up a month later with a flat tire and demand a warranty replacement, unlike a private sale.

Reactions: mjb4450

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If you have a Challenger now may be a great time. I had Carvana quote my car and they came back more than I paid for the car last year. It was also $500 more than what Carmax offered which ALSO was more than I paid for the car. Crazy times and I would quote and sell to them if you get your price. Worse case you can go through the process and stop anytime you feel uncomfortable.

Reactions: mjb4450

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carvana worked out great for me - sold 2 cars to them for many $K above a dealer trade in. The entire process was seamless and fast. They didn't give me any grief about any dings or scratches etc. I can't complain.

In regards to the comment about low balling above - just realize you're not going to get private party $s selling your car this way. I got about 1/2 way between private party & dealer trade in. Benefit is you don't have the crazies trying to take your car for a joyride, and you have an offer within about 5 minutes instead of waiting days, weeks, or months.
Well, I started the process. Their offer was far more than what I expected to get from a dealership. Also far more than what carmax offered me over a year ago. So I've downloaded the docs they wanted and I'm waiting on them to review now.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
That sounds great and I'm not surprised. Good luck and I hope you get in another Challenger.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds great and I'm not surprised. Good luck and I hope you get in another Challenger.
Well if the deal gets done, I'll miss it before it gets loaded onto the truck. I've been planning to trade for an F8 SXT Plus but it's slim pickens here. I was considering a Frostbite too. But my story is that I can payoff my house in the near future if I can live without two vehicles. The offer from Carvana just made it worthwhile to sell. I will definitely get a sixth Challenger (seven if you count the '74 I had back then). It's just a matter of when. If I cross paths with one that I must have then I will trade my Grand Cherokee and get another truck or SUV later. But paying off the house became the priority for the short term.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just for fun I got an offer for mine. Interestingly the price goes up when I note that it has mods. They have a negative local market adjustment in NorCal of $5K. Ends up being $30,480 for my 2017 Scat Pack Shaker with 20K miles.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just for fun I got an offer for mine. Interestingly the price goes up when I note that it has mods. They have a negative local market adjustment in NorCal of $5K. Ends up being $30,480 for my 2017 Scat Pack Shaker with 20K miles.
That's funny, I went back in earlier today to check the box for alloy wheels and my offer dropped $50 and no way to undo the new offer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
To edit your appraisal go to my account (assuming you created one). Go to what’s my car worth and you should see your prior offers. Then select edit your appraisal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Funny I have a 2020 Basic Manual trans Frost Blue that would go for $42,000 MSRP(Yep I had Power dollars and got the car for $36,000 about 2 months ago}
The car has 900 miles on it.
Carvana just offered me $32,000.
They are NUTSSSSSS
I am happy with my 2020 Scat Pack and in NO rush too sell it,well lets see what I get next year.maybe get a 2021 or 2022 when I will need to put on New Tires lol...........JT

·
Registered
16 Posts
I sold my 15 RT Shaker Plus to them in August. Bought it in October 2018 for 26,9k and sold it to Carvana for 25,5k while all the dealers around my area were offering 17-22k.

loved the car, by far the best I ever owned but between having an at home business + pandemic + used market sky rocketing I couldn’t justify spending $400/mo for something I barely drove

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, they're coming to pick up my steel work of art tomorrow. Now the only question is how long can I last before I get another. The last time I was Challengerless back in 2015, I lasted six months.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
235 Posts
Same. Just for fun I put my car in. The offer was pretty good until they threw in a local market adjustment of almost $6K.
Their lesser known competitor Vroom gave me a much better offer but I didn't follow through.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Same. Just for fun I put my car in. The offer was pretty good until they threw in a local market adjustment of almost $6K.
Their lesser known competitor Vroom gave me a much better offer but I didn't follow through.
I guess I was lucky, the market adjustment here was $1500.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts