Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this is a disaster waiting to happen. So, I live on a hill, I don't have a garage or a driveway. The factory jack is a pain to use. I have a legit steel 3 ton jack I keep in the house but the thing weighs a TON and it doesn't even fit well in the spots to jack my Challenger up, I actually cracked the rocker molding with it once. So, I saw some 12v scissor jacks that you just plug into the DC car outlet. They all seem to have decent reviews but wanted to see if anyone in the real world has actually used one. And also, which one would be fine for our Challenger, 3 ton? 5 ton?

Here's a link for them. Thanks.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I was only able to find a 4000 lb. rated jack when I was looking, years ago, for a jack for my Chevy Express Van based motor home. The rear of the MH weighs 5800lbs. The 12 volt electric jack does lift either wheel of the MH. So, I don't think it would have any trouble raising a Car.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
818 Posts
FWIW, once on my 2002 Chrysler Town and Country, I needed to jack it up while I was working on my father in law's race car. He has one of those rechargeable impact guns like a big drill. I used it on the factory scissor jack for my van and it cranked it right up, I was impressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts