Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Gang, Newbie here who has owned an '07 Magnum SRT8 for about a year now. I am considering a 392 and would like to know the thoughts of those who may have done the same switch. I cannot decide if I want the auto or 6spd. I initially thought I wanted a 6spd for sure, for the magnum feels like it takes forever for the autostick to shift sometimes. I test drove both today and the auto 392 feels crazy different than I thought. It was very responsive and nimble compared to the magnum in every way. I live in a town where people drive 5 under the speed limit on EVERY road and I have to take Dramamine to avoid getting road rage half the time I'm out and about! :) So that may make me not want to be shifting the 6 spd all the time as well. Anyway, your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I went from an R/T Magnum to Challenger SRT-8. The Magnum was only an R/T but it did have nitrous on it :)

The 2011 Challengers have a new suspension setup that seems to be a lot more responsive during extreme maneuvers.

As far as 6-speed/auto goes. If you plan to hit the drag strip on a regular basis go for auto, nothing beats the consistency of a slushbox, if you're planning to rip through traffic or some back-roads, 6-speed would be more fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts