Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Depending if anyone is going I may go either just to spectate or make some runs.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Depending if anyone is going I may go either just to spectate or make some runs.
4/21/11 I will be doing some new 91 octane testing with a mix of mobil 87,sunoco E15 (98 oct) and vp109 (105 oct). This is a diff mix as my last 1 was mixed with mobil 87 and E15 as the oxy was 3.23% and this 1 will be 3.5 / 3.8% to equal the federal 91 gas by using 3 diff gases this time.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just went over all my octane test runs and i run faster with more oxygen in the gas than octane and thats with 26 degrees in the tune. Now i could maybe run faster with 28 degrees but i dont want to touch the dyno tune until all the test are done. I have had many people at IRWINDALE asked me how i run so fast in the 1/8 mile and have a race wt of 5190 lbs. I tell them its my 2 mods and my federal 91 & 93 octane mixes that do it. Since i got a new battery i plan on running some low 1.8% oxygenated 91 CA gas to see if it was the battery going bad when i started the testing. I was going tonight but i looked at the DA on wed and decided to hold off till march or april as i DA the track tonight at 6pm and it was +1200 ft and thats no good for a P/B OR EVEN TESTING.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts