Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not found of all kinds of crazy lights in or on the outside the car...just not my thing, but I keep having this thought that the grille of the car lit up would be super cool
...Just the big ominous light glowing from the giant mouth would be fairly clean with just a bit of flair...but then I go back to...might be a Tad much...so I was hoping some fellow peeps may have braved the way before me and could show me some pics of the grilled lot up...if you can awesome!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Theres a few people who have done it, Advanced Automotive Concepts does a great job with these, unfortunately I decided to do it myself and its nowhere near as bright as the AAC kits but I'm still happy with it. I did the engine bay as well, expecting some hate and thumbs down for this one, maybe even some Fast & Furious jokes but to each their own I suppose, even I think its kinda stupid sometimes. Kinda blurry but you get the idea, I really should take some better night shots...

·
Registered
637 Posts
I want to do it to.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think its the type of LEDs that AAC uses or why do you think it was not has bright as you thought it might be?
Theres a few people who have done it, Advanced Automotive Concepts does a great job with these, unfortunately I decided to do it myself and its nowhere near as bright as the AAC kits but I'm still happy with it. I did the engine bay as well, expecting some hate and thumbs down for this one, maybe even some Fast & Furious jokes but to each their own I suppose, even I think its kinda stupid sometimes. Kinda blurry but you get the idea, I really should take some better night shots...

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm not sure what type of LEDs AAC uses but the ones I used were from Superbrightleds.com and its a strip of like 30 LEDs that I wired up to a 12V battery pack I hid in the fuse box, it might not be as bright because I'm using 12 AA batteries to power the LEDs but I'm not sure (I wired it up this way so I could leave the lights on at a car show and not have to worry about it draining the car battery). If anyone from AAC wants to chime in here feel free, I'm kind of curious myself..

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
....been to a couple of car shows and it seems this is pretty popular with some of the Charger folks (not so much with the Challenger crowd IME). You may want to expand your research to include the LX forums to get some more ideas that maybe you can adapt to your car. ....not my cup of tea but whatever floats your boat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts