Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I brought a Corsa Extreme exhaust for my 16 R/T from Maryland speed, they offered me a great deal. I placed the order on 09/19 and was informed should receive in 10-15 business day. After 15 business day I called them they told me should be here next week, the fellowing week still noting, called again told me next week, same thing happened again, still noting, last week I called they told me "I just finished going through tracking provided. We are still getting tracking so if I don't see anything Monday I will follow up with the supplier." and told me should be here by next week again.
And this week when I call them during business hours no-one pick up the phone, but when I use my friend's phone to call, some one picked up.

I understand they get a better deal but may take longer that's okay with me, but they shouldn't keep telling me next week after next week. hey if is gonna take 4 month to get it I am okay with it, just be honest with me. Thinking about canceling the order, anyone else has the same issue as me?

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I brought a Corsa Extreme exhaust for my 16 R/T from Maryland speed, they offered me a great deal saved me a couple hundred bucks from the Crosa website. I placed the order on 09/19 and was informed should receive in 10-15 business day. After 15 business day I called them they told me should be here next week, the fellowing week still noting, called again told me next week, same thing happened again, still noting, last week I called they told me "I just finished going through tracking provided. We are still getting tracking so if I don't see anything Monday I will follow up with the supplier." and told me should be here by next week again.

And this week when I call them during business hours no-one pick up the phone, but when I use my friend's phone to call, some one picked up.

I understand they get a better deal but may take longer that's okay with me, but they shouldn't keep telling me next week after next week. hey if is gonna take 4 month to get it I am okay with it, just be honest with me. Thinking about canceling the order, anyone else has the same issue as me?

Thanks

Yup. I ordered simple header manifold gaskets. They didn’t have them in the two week time frame I gave them. Ordered from EastCoastMoparts and got them in two days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
I went through the same thing when I owned a 2016 R/T/SHAKER PLUS.
I even got a hold of the manufacture in Ohio and they had no answers.
You will find other post with the same problem on other post with timing and good deal pricing from Maryland.
They did mention that the supplier won't make a certain part until it has several orders so time is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I almost ordered headers from them when on their website someone contacted me through Chat and offered a great deal. I almost pulled the trigger but I didnt, later I tried to contact them on here through PM message about it and never heard from them to this day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that sounds pretty good! if I don't get it by next week I will try auto anything, thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you for replying! did you eventually get the exhaust? and I asked the girl are they doing a bulk order, so they have to wait more people to buy in order to order from the factory, and she told me that's not the case, so I am really confused lol

·
Registered
2016 Challenger 5.7 6-speed
127 Posts
Had a problem with a trinity and Ecu. Waited almost 2 months. Had to make a lot of phone calls and emailsto diablo and Maryland speed. Finally got the product without any other issues. Afraid to place another order for any other issues. They were understanding when contacted but it was to much for the little bit of savings.

Reactions: AndyLi

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
ya i went thru the same stuff with kooks headers. never ever again will i buy anything from them. EVER!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Add me to the list. Kooks headers, mid pipes, and cutouts took them over 6 months to deliver. I was told they will ship out this week so many times it was just becoming stupid. I will NEVER order from them again. BEWARE.....

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
Guess that I was lucky. I bought my first Challenger 7 years ago and joined the forum.

I called MS to get some info on a few parts that I wanted to upgrade my new ride with. The fellow on the phone was SO rude, I just hung up, and crossed these folks off my list.

Didn't have to spend a penny to be disappointed with them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered a set of Kooks headers and mids 8 weeks ago and they still don't have an eta on when they will be arriving. They told me they are hopeful for an update next week. Also they still have to send them to the coaters. Not happy with the wait as they didn't go into detail that it may take more than 4-6 weeks as they originally told me. Patiently waiting but the guy I asked for an update from a few weeks ago was really rude and I had to call in and speak with the person I originally ordered from for an update.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had a very similar problem with them. I really have to pick and choose what I put here seeing my order is still being "processed" I made a large order with this place four months ago, and still haven't recieved my entire order. I've heard next week about 10 times, and every other excuse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered a set of Kooks headers and mids 8 weeks ago and they still don't have an eta on when they will be arriving. They told me they are hopeful for an update next week. Also they still have to send them to the coaters. Not happy with the wait as they didn't go into detail that it may take more than 4-6 weeks as they originally told me. Patiently waiting but the guy I asked for an update from a few weeks ago was really rude and I had to call in and speak with the person I originally ordered from for an update.
I am really sorry that happened to you! yeah the guy was being rude to me as well on the phone, he refused to cancel my order so I called my bank got my money back

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for everyone replying, advices and sharing experiences about MarylandSpeed
Just want to do a quick update on the situation, last week I called them again after they fail to call me back with more info. I spoke with the owner Brandon, he was being extremely rude, and sounds like by giving me a discount he is doing me some kind of favor ( I mean if discount is the way you guys do business then is just business, there is no such thing as favor in business personally I think, is just money)
And I ask why the girl keep telling me next week and next week, he tole me " oh she should never told you that, because we don't know a exact delivery time neither." But i mean isn't she works for you? so what she said to me should represent the MarylandSpeed, now you are pushing all the responsibility to her, way to be a man!
I ask to cancel the order and he refuse, he said I agree with the terms, but organically I placed the order through the phone and he fail to inform the customer anything about any terms.
In the end I have to call my credit card company to get my money back!

This is just all my personal experience with MarylandSpeed, does not represent everyone's experience lol I would never do business with them ever again!

·
Banned
697 Posts
See this is the typical mess we deal with. In order to buy, someone wants a massive discount. We do that...but it limits where we can source stuff from, which delays the order. Basically we have 10 places we can get Corsa from, but when we discount as much as we did for this guy, it has to come from the one cheapest place. That place usually has the worst stock because low prices require low overhead.We state this and put it in the terms. Customers agreed to it.

When they get the discount, they are all happy, and don't care about the wait. As they wait however it turns into "I would have paid more to get it faster".....:crbaby:. Note this is not "I will pay MarylandSpeed more now to ship it faster". It is I want to pay someone else more. If you paid us that money extra money up front, we could have used one of our more expensive suppliers to get it faster.

In terms of this specific customer...he did call last week asking to cancel. I told him no, because he agreed to no cancelations, and it was about to ship. I can't go special order $1500 exhausts, and then when you decide you no longer want it, eat the system. When we got off the phone, I told him I would get it out ASAP, and we all seemed to agreed on this.

He then with no warning filed a credit card dispute...which is fraud. You cannot push a place to ship your part, then file a dispute with no warning so the part is not paid for. The dispute process also is not to get out of a purchase contract.

Irregardless, we have already had his dispute reversed, and the product has shipped. He now has tracking.

Thanks for everyone replying, advices and sharing experiences about MarylandSpeed
Just want to do a quick update on the situation, last week I called them again after they fail to call me back with more info. I spoke with the owner Brandon, he was being extremely rude, and sounds like by giving me a discount he is doing me some kind of favor ( I mean if discount is the way you guys do business then is just business, there is no such thing as favor in business personally I think, is just money)
And I ask why the girl keep telling me next week and next week, he tole me " oh she should never told you that, because we don't know a exact delivery time neither." But i mean isn't she works for you? so what she said to me should represent the MarylandSpeed, now you are pushing all the responsibility to her, way to be a man!
I ask to cancel the order and he refuse, he said I agree with the terms, but organically I placed the order through the phone and he fail to inform the customer anything about any terms.
In the end I have to call my credit card company to get my money back!

This is just all my personal experience with MarylandSpeed, does not represent everyone's experience lol I would never do business with them ever again!

·
Registered
46 Posts
See this is the typical mess we deal with. In order to buy, someone wants a massive discount. We do that...but it limits where we can source stuff from, which delays the order. Basically we have 10 places we can get Corsa from, but when we discount as much as we did for this guy, it has to come from the one cheapest place. That place usually has the worst stock because low prices require low overhead.We state this and put it in the terms. Customers agreed to it.

When they get the discount, they are all happy, and don't care about the wait. As they wait however it turns into "I would have paid more to get it faster".....:crbaby:. Note this is not "I will pay MarylandSpeed more now to ship it faster". It is I want to pay someone else more. If you paid us that money extra money up front, we could have used one of our more expensive suppliers to get it faster.

In terms of this specific customer...he did call last week asking to cancel. I told him no, because he agreed to no cancelations, and it was about to ship. I can't go special order $1500 exhausts, and then when you decide you no longer want it, eat the system. When we got off the phone, I told him I would get it out ASAP, and we all seemed to agreed on this.

He then with no warning filed a credit card dispute...which is fraud. You cannot push a place to ship your part, then file a dispute with no warning so the part is not paid for. The dispute process also is not to get out of a purchase contract.

Irregardless, we have already had his dispute reversed, and the product has shipped. He now has tracking.

Seems like your discounts have caused the most complaints about a vendor I’ve ever seen. Maybe it’s time to fix something? I’ve never seen anyone complain like this about a vendor in multiple different cases.. it has to make you wonder too, doesn’t it? My header gaskets could not be obtained by you in the 2 week window I needed them. And I got them cheaper from a vendor in the same state as you in 2 days. Something is clearly wrong. What have you done to fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
agreed.. not just this forum. but MULTIPLE i mean MULTIPLE forums. you guys need to be more transparent.. just explain it to people like you just did hear. have 10 places to get x exhaust from the CHEAPEST IS THE SLOWEST.. why not tell people this up front. and when you tell them 4 weeks.. don't tell them that. be honest.. it will be 12 weeks 14 weeks what ever.. and keep up with stuff. people now a days ( as you should be able to tell by now ) are impatient. some will wait if they know up front what they are getting into. but most while they think they do, really do not. and that is do to your verbiage and how you sell the product off to them. again. transparency is key hear.

i don't get it. if you get this many people complaining, you either need to evaluate how you do things going forward. or just offer decent prices and move away from this YOU HAVE TO CALL ME TO GET THE SPECIAL PRICE BECAUSE WE CAN'T ADVERTISE IT.

i run 3 branches for a multi million dollar co. and if i did that kind of stuff and got the complaints that you folks do i would be canned.. guess that is the benefit to owning your own co.

fyi i have bought from you folks and had the same dealings and will never purchase from you again. and i have plunked down around 25,000 in my car in the last 3 yrs.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I've purchased multiple items fromthem over the years including cat back exhaust systems for an 05 GTO an 07 Corvette a 2011 Corvette and a 2013. I have purchased tuners and CAI's as well and never ever had an issue on quality, delivery, price or phone orders...

I've always considered them a very good vendor.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

What do you guys expect when you have crappy service and don't ship out parts when promised. Your chat support promised me headers within 2 weeks no problem and its been over a month on a set of Kooks headers I still do not have! Ive asked for refund now I'm not getting a response:mofo:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts