Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my 14 Core started smoking from the engine bay smelled like wiring. There was no overheating. I opened the hood and there was a lot of smoke, no fire. It only has 1500 miles on it. I only drive 17 miles to work. I think i will have it towed to the dealership. Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
This morning my 14 Core started smoking from the engine bay smelled like wiring. There was no overheating. I opened the hood and there was a lot of smoke, no fire. It only has 1500 miles on it. I only drive 17 miles to work. I think i will have it towed to the dealership. Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience.
I agree you should have the dealer inspect for the source of the smoke. Please let me know what they diagnose.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
I've seen posts about the radiator fan wire harness connectors melting and burning.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've seen posts about the radiator fan wire harness connectors melting and burning.
Hmm that could be it. I will let you guys know what they say. Going to bring it in after work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I drove home and the smell was still there but I got under the car and there was melted plastic on the cat. I had looked before and didn't see anything. So it is burning off and fine now. Ha!

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Where did the plastic come from? It may not be a bad idea to take it to the dealership anyways to verify whether that piece of plastic was foreign or not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did the plastic come from? It may not be a bad idea to take it to the dealership anyways to verify whether that piece of plastic was foreign or not.
Looks like a plastic bag. Definitely not from the car burning. I am going to scrape it off when it cools down. Thanks Danner I was worried. My wife has a 11 Charger RT that we bought new and has 50k miles with no problems so I wasn't happy thinking mine has a problem at 1500 miles.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Looks like a plastic bag. Definitely not from the car burning. I am going to scrape it off when it cools down. Thanks Danner I was worried. My wife has a 11 Charger RT that we bought new and has 50k miles with no problems so I wasn't happy thinking mine has a problem at 1500 miles.
Right on, that would make sense as to why it was alot of smoke. Nice ride btw!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Man, back at ya. I almost bought a Black - Black Top RT 6M. I really like them. Actually went in to buy the RT and changed my mind decided to go with the SRT8.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Glad it was that simple. So how many miles you got on her now? I've got almost 10,000 smiles on mine. Hey are you doing Mopar alley June 1st this year?

`

·
Registered
149 Posts
Plastic grocery bags get sucked up by the heat from the exhaust like a magnet ,,Have scraped off a few,,It smell the the Dry Cleaners ,,Glade you found it,,,

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have 2100 miles now. HA. See you Sunday at the meet up spot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts