Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have them on my Challenger and have about 15K miles on them. No real problems yet. I dropped over 2" the whole way around and the car looks great! the only issue I've had is I have a squeak that I haven't been able to locate. everything is tight, I've checked the bushings and can't find anything.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have them on my Challenger and have about 15K miles on them. No real problems yet. I dropped over 2" the whole way around and the car looks great! the only issue I've had is I have a squeak that I haven't been able to locate. everything is tight, I've checked the bushings and can't find anything.
How often does it squeak?

How's the ride compare to stock?

My old car had a set of coilovers on it and the damn things rattled and squeaked like no other. Strangest thing, cause I reinstalled those things 3 times and tightened every single possible bolt, but they just always made noise.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It only squeaks at low speeds over small to mid sized bumps. It's a very light squeak, no one else seems to notice it unless I point it out.

As far as the ride goes, I adjusted them to be on the softer side so they ride pretty close to stock. It is stiffer over larger bumps and I don't get that floating feeling I used to get. I've had several people ride in the car an they all like the way it rides. It doesn't ride like a Lowered car unles you are slinging it through the corners.

Hope that helps some. Like I said, over all I am pretty happy with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
do you have any pics?

btw, do you have aftermarket sway bars? squeeks could be from the bushings.

·
Registered
26 Posts
megans are good for the price, BC coilovers are a bit better, they don't compare to the high dollar value coilovers like ohlins or KW variants but I don't know if they make them for the challenger.

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
Kris,

Does anyone actually make a "real" rear unitized coil over for these cars or are they all the adjustable height perch on spring with outboard shock?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Friend of mine had these on his Civic si and had it slammed !!! I mean you could not get the key under the damn frame slammed. You know how those import guys are... Anyway as far as a product goes its a really good bang for the buck. Never had issues, even slammed on a straight, even road it wasn't too bad of a ride. Quality made stuff and held up to the beating he use to give that car. springs were a lil to hard for my taste but it was a lil civic so... you already feel everything on the road as is.

I would go for them but i have found a company called lotek. and for a set of performance shocks, and lowering springs is only 300 bucks and is also on ebay. frnt 1.8 rear 1.9 drop. should look just like the read car on the first page.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts