Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of getting the rear suspension kit, or at least the tension arms for my '10 R/T-C 6 speed. Trying to find a cost effective way to get rid of wheel hop. This kit seems to be very good quality and the bushings are delrin. Spohn claims they've had good success with this kit and say that customers notice how it eliminates their wheel hop.

http://www.spohn.net/shop/Chrysler-LX-LD-LC-Challenger-Charger-Magnum-300C/Suspension/Rear-Suspension-Package-2005-2012-Chrysler-300C-Dodge-Charger-Challenger-Magnum.html

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spohn was a big supporter of 3rd and 4th gen F-bodies back in the day. Other than growing pains he had with supply vs demand it appeared to me most people were very happy.
That's good to know. I also have heard generally good things about Spohn as well. I figured shelling out $150 to potentially cancel the hop would be worth it. Plus I'd probably never have to replace the tension arms since they are much better quality than stock and have delrin bushings.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Just installed their rear say bar links a couple weeks ago, the 3/4" tube that replaces the little 7mm rod stocker, because when changing rear brakes in Dec 2013 I was shocked at the rubbers deterioration on the stock links on car built Feb 2010. But talk about tight corner, between them and my Hotchkis front it is SWEET, and launches as flat as I've ever had without a pre-load front link, and they were just .05 short of $100 even, so go for it may help da hop, can't hurt! :D

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I had them make me a rear track bar for my lowered Ram R/T and they did a great job. Made a big difference on my truck.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The big question is should I get the Spohn tension arms for $150 or spend $350 for the Razors Edge one? That's a HUGE price discrepency and I'm sure if it's worth it. I want the wheel hop gone and I figure this piece is a good start. A lot of people say the Spohn are like OEM but they aren't. The material is better and the bushings are delrin.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Just got a chance to send these to PB, it's not Tension arms just the rear links but they show two things. The terrible life of the rubber at least in the rear links, not 4 years and 12k miles. But also shows differance, and as far as quality they are very high, good powder coat, basic welds, etc I give em an A+ quality and customer service as mine had no washers shown in photos or mentioned in instructions. I suspected, and quickly was assure by a phone call, that they were for certain models or years so if they didn't send them, you don't need them so A+ again.
The Spohn installed

Dinky the stocker;

And both ends of one of the stockers

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got a chance to send these to PB, it's not Tension arms just the rear links but they show two things. The terrible life of the rubber at least in the rear links, not 4 years and 12k miles. But also shows differance, and as far as quality they are very high, good powder coat, basic welds, etc I give em an A+ quality and customer service as mine had no washers shown in photos or mentioned in instructions. I suspected, and quickly was assure by a phone call, that they were for certain models or years so if they didn't send them, you don't need them so A+ again.
The Spohn installed

Dinky the stocker;

And both ends of one of the stockers

Yeah the rubber bushings are crap, I'm kind of afraid to look at mine after 4 years and almost 30k miles of HARD driving. It's good to know that the Spohn stuff is quality, I had a feeling it was good, and for sure better than the OEM crap. I'm really excited to get these tension arms, but I have to let the wife cool off, I just got a Barton shifter, 430 rbz and a new radar detector LOL.

Omaha.......
Could you let me know, if you go this route does it stop the hop?

Thanks,
Dave
Absolutely. Spohn ensured me that the rear suspension kit will eliminate wheel hop. Rather than paying $450 for the whole thing first, I'm going to just get the arms. Will do a review once I get them in and am driving around.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've got quite a bit of Spohn stuff on my 92 Camaro, subframes to suspension items, all of it grade A parts!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts