Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, did some measuring and they should fit so I just ordered a set. Will post some pics when I have them on.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Nice find! It's about time someone made a set similar to the stockers with a 3" inlet. Be sure to post some pics.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Let me know how they work out.

But word of warning if these are the same tips they ship with their SRT American Thunder kit they will be rusted with in a month sadly.

Maybe they fixed them but I have gone through 3 sets from them and all 3 sets rusted. I ended up painting mine. Keep us informed cause if they don't rust I want to order a set for myelf.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Let me know how they work out.

But word of warning if these are the same tips they ship with their SRT American Thunder kit they will be rusted with in a month sadly.

Maybe they fixed them but I have gone through 3 sets from them and all 3 sets rusted. I ended up painting mine. Keep us informed cause if they don't rust I want to order a set for myelf.
Hmm, if it's stainless steel, how would it rust ?
Are these tips made in china ? :scratchhead:

It'd be nice if someone made these tips in black chrome....
:pimp:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I got them and I cannot recommend them. Will they work? Yes. Here is my story.

1. The tips themselves are not great quality and the pictures online is not a representation of what you will get.
-The inserts are not black. They are bare SS and not polished
-The welds holding the pipe to the tip are not very clean and look even worse given the inserts are bare metal. You will see them in the pics.
2. This is not a FM issue and I had a feeling when I ordered. The ID and OD are the same as the resonators on Zoomers exhaust. Zoomers resonators are 3" ID and the tips want a 3" OD to slip onto.
-That was fixed by cutting 3 relief cuts into the back of the pipe on the tips every 90 degrees (there was one already) and using a loaner pipe expander from Auto Zone. The tip now goes directly onto the Zoomers resonators giving me 3" to the tip and what I hope is not any "flutter" sound when the engine returns to idle from a rev.

Attached are pics of my cuts and custom painted inserts. They look OK now. As for the rusting comment above I completely agree that in the condition I got the tips in they would RUST on any car which sees weather or if you drive and never clean/keep dry the inserts. There are also no drip holes, I may add one or two.

How will they look on the car with the Zoomers? They will look good, which makes the poor quality even that much more painful. They are so close to having a 3" solution for many people. I will post pics when I put them on, likely tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here they are on the car. Given they are a full 3" and the "swivel" is gone (tip on the resonator) you have limited ability to adjust, but they came out fairly good. As mentioned earlier I am not recommending, buy after researching. I did E-mail FM and they want to "make it right", but at this point I am done. Looking closely at one of the sides of one of the tips you can also see a weld seam! There is no "flutter" onf decel with my setup, that being ARH LT, catless mids and Zoomers cat back.

Also found these, says they are 3" as well and honestly was more of the look I was after.

Tips - Muscle Car - Universal

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
Here they are on the car. Given they are a full 3" and the "swivel" is gone (tip on the resonator) you have limited ability to adjust, but they came out fairly good. As mentioned earlier I am not recommending, buy after researching. I did E-mail FM and they want to "make it right", but at this point I am done. Looking closely at one of the sides of one of the tips you can also see a weld seam! There is no "flutter" onf decel with my setup, that being ACR LT, catless mids and Zoomers cat back.

Also found these, says they are 3" as well and honestly was more of the look I was after.

Tips - Muscle Car - Universal
Despite the quality issues they look great! I wanted to keep the stock look but I needed 3" inlet, I don't think these were around when I was looking or I would have got them and powder coated them black. With the powder coat on the SOLO's I ended up with, no rust and everything wipes off with a damp rag. Good luck, looks great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts