Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Can't help you with a pic, but I've read the new brochures (at the dealers) have some pretty nice size paint chips in them. May be your best bet if you want something quick.

·
Registered
457 Posts
This is Billet Metallic taken on a Charger.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts

This is 100% Billet Metallic

·
Registered
653 Posts
This is 100% Billet Metallic
Those first pics sure look like Billet to me, the picture resolution must be really bright. You positive?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Those first pics sure look like Billet to me, the picture resolution must be really bright. You positive?
THe 2 pics of the 392 are definitely Billet. If you notice in the shade it looks almost like Tungsten. tungsten in the sun or fluorescent lighting looks lighter but much deeper. The pics I took of the SE do not do it justice. The Billet is silver with a blueish grey undertone. In the shade it looks like Tungsten. I'm kinda :scratchhead: about why Chrysler would make 2 colors that look simular in certain lighting but then again...its Chrysler

·
Registered
653 Posts
THe 2 pics of the 392 are definitely Billet. If you notice in the shade it looks almost like Tungsten. tungsten in the sun or fluorescent lighting looks lighter but much deeper. The pics I took of the SE do not do it justice. The Billet is silver with a blueish grey undertone. In the shade it looks like Tungsten. I'm kinda :scratchhead: about why Chrysler would make 2 colors that look simular in certain lighting but then again...its Chrysler
Haha I wasn't calling you wrong I was just confused about it.
I'm gonna have to trust you on it, you've actually seen both the cars and the colors. I haven't seen squat.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've yet to understand why Chrysler would replace the 2010 colors with a darker silver and a lighter grey for 2011. :notallthere:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've yet to understand why Chrysler would replace the 2010 colors with a darker silver and a lighter grey for 2011. :notallthere:
No kidding...Guys and Gals....I'm going to a dealer today to take some pics of a 3 SE's...Tungsten, Billet and Black

·
Registered
457 Posts
Please post those when you can. It would be great to see the difference side-by-side between tungsten and billet.
Sorry everyone.Went to that dealer this morning but the Billet was not there. My guess is someone either took it home to demo or sold it.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Me too me too

I would love to see tungsten and billet side by side in one picture. Any two cars would do.

bump for pics of billet on a challenger

·
Registered
457 Posts
bump for pics of billet on a challenger
Going to Austin today and there is a dealer with a billet on it. Ill take pics if its there and post them tonight :pimp:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts