Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have been using this product on my 31+ year old vehicle and another 15+ year old vehicle with GREAT success. It's a one time application and can be layered if you choose to do that. It provides excellent protection. I have used Liquid Glass polish for removing and covering up swirls, scratches and lots of paint blemishes caused by debris on public roads. This one bottle did it all for me.
I have used this product since 1979 and I am sure the formula has been changed a few times but since it is now out of production like what used to be $20.00 per can is now $60.00 per can now. Very $$$$$$ pricey. (If you can find it). Sort of like the R-12 freon situation.

Yes I am aware of all the new stuff available for do-it-yourself detailers i.e. ceramic coatings, 303 Graphene, Meguire's Ceramic wax etc. (They certainly cost alot less because they are in production-new). But have not have had the same success with these as above.

Should I be concerned about if this will work fine (cause no paint finish damage not sure about decals) on new car paint finishes like on 2020 and up Dodge Challengers? :unsure:

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,924 Posts
Still using it on my Challenger. Have 3 cans left, so I'm set for several more years.

Not sure if the replacement is as good, but I will miss this product.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still using it on my Challenger. Have 3 cans left, so I'm set for several more years.

Not sure if the replacement is as good, but I will miss this product.
What year is your Challenger?
Most of the customers that have used this product with great success have been using it for 30 years or longer.
Use yours sparingly (y)

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,924 Posts
Had a '10 and present one is a '16 SP.

Started using this in the early '80's. A little does go a long way.

For whatever reason, 4 coats seems to be the magic number for me.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a '10 and present one is a '16 SP.

Started using this in the early '80's. A little does go a long way.

For whatever reason, 4 coats seems to be the magic number for me.
I have read usually 2 coats is the magic number but of course over all of those years I have probably put over 30+ coats. I have lost count but I have used it extensively more for removing swirls, paint scratches and other blemishes caused by driving and parking on public roads.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,477 Posts
View attachment 1011678
I have been using this product on my 31+ year old vehicle and another 15+ year old vehicle with GREAT success. It's a one time application and can be layered if you choose to do that. It provides excellent protection. I have used Liquid Glass polish for removing and covering up swirls, scratches and lots of paint blemishes caused by debris on public roads. This one bottle did it all for me.
I have used this product since 1979 and I am sure the formula has been changed a few times but since it is now out of production like what used to be $20.00 per can is now $60.00 per can now. Very $$$$$$ pricey. (If you can find it). Sort of like the R-12 freon situation.

Yes I am aware of all the new stuff available for do-it-yourself detailers i.e. ceramic coatings, 303 Graphene, Meguire's Ceramic wax etc. (They certainly cost alot less because they are in production-new). But have not have had the same success with these as above.

Should I be concerned about if this will work fine (cause no paint finish damage not sure about decals) on new car paint finishes like on 2020 and up Dodge Challengers? :unsure:
After checking out the product’s MSDS, I see nothing that would lead me to believe this product will harm your Challenger’s paint. You can use it as directed and not worry about any damage or lasting effects on any modern automotive paint (or even use it not as directed, still won’t harm paint).

The method of application is the only caveat I can think of. If you use a dirty towel to apply it or buff it, the grit on the towel could swirl the car’s paint and leave behind marks not previously visible, but that is true of any product applies to the paint like that and not specific to this one.

I do wish they would not use the term “polish” on their product’s label. From what I see, it is technically not a polish. It is a synthetic wax, aka paint sealant, and has no ability to actual abrade the paint like a true polish would. However, I know the term “polish” use to be synonymous with waxing the paint and so it’s likely an old habit they saw no use in breaking when describing their product.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,924 Posts
State of Kalifornia put thus little company out of business.

Too many harmful fumes escape when the can is opened. It didn't meet that countries emissions standards, and they fined them out of business.

Too dang bad. Call it what you want, but it's now GONE.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,477 Posts

Too many harmful fumes escape when the can is opened. It didn't meet that countries emissions standards, and they fined them out of business.

Forcing a business to close down is bad, and taking advantage of that by hiking up the asking price of its products afterward is also chicken S in my opinion. But they wouldn’t be price gouging on eBay if people weren’t paying their asking prices.

I personally would not pay $60 for this product when there are alternatives available locally for $20-30 that should produce the same result once applied. But then again, I am of the opinion that what is applied on top of the paint is mostly for protection and minimally there for aesthetics.

A complete deswirling/paint correction with a machine polisher should produce the best looking paint possible. Once that’s done, a good wax/sealant applied onto the paint will make it look its best for sure. But protecting that paint from the dangers of daily driving and inclement weather is the main function for any wax/sealant in my mind.

If no polishing of the clear coat is going to be done, a good wax/sealant will help it look good, yes, but ultimately it can only do so much.

The problem (clear coat swirls and scratches) will remain until removed (by machine polishing) or covered up (by a cleaner wax or sealant), and the products that cover it up eventually wear off. So until the paint is polished back to perfection , or as close to that as possible, the wax/sealant used on top of it is always going to be limited in what it can do visually for the paint - limited either by end result or endurance of end result.

No matter what, I would always say a good claying (or namoskinning) before applying this product is the best way to go.

If the paint is covered in contaminants that normal washing can’t remove, the wax/sealant applied won’t stay applied as long as it could if the contaminants were not there. And detail clay or one of the synthetic version of it (nanoskin, etc) is the only way to remove that bonded contamination.

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,924 Posts
Forcing a business to close down is bad, and taking advantage of that by hiking up the asking price of its products afterward is also chicken S in my opinion. But they wouldn’t be price gouging on eBay if people weren’t paying their asking prices.

I personally would not pay $60 for this product when there are alternatives available locally for $20-30 that should produce the same result once applied. But then again, I am of the opinion that what is applied on top of the paint is mostly for protection and minimally there for aesthetics.

A complete deswirling/paint correction with a machine polisher should produce the best looking paint possible. Once that’s done, a good wax/sealant applied onto the paint will make it look its best for sure. But protecting that paint from the dangers of daily driving and inclement weather is the main function for any wax/sealant in my mind.

If no polishing of the clear coat is going to be done, a good wax/sealant will help it look good, yes, but ultimately it can only do so much.

The problem (clear coat swirls and scratches) will remain until removed (by machine polishing) or covered up (by a cleaner wax or sealant), and the products that cover it up eventually wear off. So until the paint is polished back to perfection , or as close to that as possible, the wax/sealant used on top of it is always going to be limited in what it can do visually for the paint - limited either by end result or endurance of end result.

No matter what, I would always say a good claying (or namoskinning) before applying this product is the best way to go.

If the paint is covered in contaminants that normal washing can’t remove, the wax/sealant applied won’t stay applied as long as it could if the contaminants were not there. And detail clay or one of the synthetic version of it (nanoskin, etc) is the only way to remove that bonded contamination.
"They" are out of business. Others are doing the gouging.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,336 Posts
Never worked for me................

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

It was this that put him out of business:
https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/te...hreats/629114/

This Liquid Glass Product got banned in Commiefornicate some time ago because of the VOX. But his business continued and sold everywhere else. It used to be that you could buy it at a high end parts store and at Pep Boys here but once that VOX thing came around alot of products got affected here. i.e. the Calbot fence sealant sold by Kelly Moore Paint got banned and that stuff worked GREAT. I bought the new formulated Calbot fence sealant that was in compliance with VOX and that product did not protect and last as long as the Calbot before it.

After checking out the product’s MSDS, I see nothing that would lead me to believe this product will harm your Challenger’s paint. You can use it as directed and not worry about any damage or lasting effects on any modern automotive paint (or even use it not as directed, still won’t harm paint).

The method of application is the only caveat I can think of. If you use a dirty towel to apply it or buff it, the grit on the towel could swirl the car’s paint and leave behind marks not previously visible, but that is true of any product applies to the paint like that and not specific to this one.

I do wish they would not use the term “polish” on their product’s label. From what I see, it is technically not a polish. It is a synthetic wax, aka paint sealant, and has no ability to actual abrade the paint like a true polish would. However, I know the term “polish” use to be synonymous with waxing the paint and so it’s likely an old habit they saw no use in breaking when describing their product.
Do you know of any do it yourself by hand products (All in one bottle) out there by name brand that would be just as good as Liquid Glass if not better in protection, longetivity, removing marks, swirls, and scratches?

I have to wonder then if the product listed below by 68 Coronet is the exact same formula as Liquid Glass Polish per the products MSDS on Liquid Tech Finish First?

Amazon.com: Liqui Tech Finish First Auto Polish (16 oz.): Automotive

ORIGINAL LIQUID GLASS POLISH:

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,924 Posts
It was this that put him out of business:
https://dailyvoice.com/new-jersey/te...hreats/629114/

This Liquid Glass Product got banned in Commiefornicate some time ago because of the VOX. But his business continued and sold everywhere else. It used to be that you could buy it at a high end parts store and at Pep Boys here but once that VOX thing came around alot of products got affected here. i.e. the Calbot fence sealant sold by Kelly Moore Paint got banned and that stuff worked GREAT. I bought the new formulated Calbot fence sealant that was in compliance with VOX and that product did not protect and last as long as the Calbot before it.
He was a "special" character no doubt.

This took a chunk of change though.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
He was a "special" character no doubt.

This took a chunk of change though.

That couldn't have not helped his business. o_O $60,000 in civil penalties to settle the case and an additional $40,000 of penalties😖 Thanks for that info. That's around the time I couldn't find the product and had to buy from private vendors who sold to anybody which is fine by me. At that time 2015 or 2016? it was not 60.00 per bottle but more like $24.95 and as a result of that I bought more at that time and that was the only way I could get Liquid Glass Polish. Now 3 or 4 years later, 2 days ago I did a search for the product and found out about the criminal charges against him but don't know what happened after that in 2019 to his business or him.:unsure:

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,336 Posts
U show my some detail shops that are in business using that snake oil !!

I call total BS.....................

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,336 Posts
The "detail shops" using Liquid Glass" are the car owners.

The total BS is the package shops offer.
really now, SOLD not !!! next bait fish.............

1 - 20 of 56 Posts