Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering buying a car for my wife and having Drop Top Customs make it a Convertible.
There stuff looks nice. I like that they keep the little window behind the side window in the car for the rear seat passengers. Another company that does these does not.
What I'm looking for is if anyone has used them.
They do what they say when they say they are going to.
Cost is as stated.
Easy to work with.
I think there quality is good but if you have seen one up close and in person please let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have just seen my first convertable at Arrington Racing...stunning with the top down..ok with it up....kinda lost the good lines up top....so anyway i called them to ask about a kit and they start at $18,000...cool but not that cool...just saying...

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
PM sent Boatman

Jack

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
a local dealer here on long island sells convertible Challengers that are built by Drop Top Customs. the work IS increidble, but one of the owners of the cars told me that certain aspects were rushed (seatbelts were reinstalled backwards...stuff like that).

my advice is only do something like that if you live near them. clearly you can NOT take it to a dealer if you have any issues

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have not personally had an experience with them, however a very respected member from another forum Im part of, relayed some information to our club about a very bad experience that a member is currently having with Drop Top Customs. The customer is having several issues with the job itself and is not happy.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I know the owner of Drop Top Customs. They are the ones that do all the conversions for Hurst, Mr. Norms, Petty's Garage and others. if the are doing work for those highly regarded companies, they must be doing something right.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I emailed them Monday and have not heard from them yet. Been a busy week I need to pickup the phone and call them. I pretty much spend all day on the phone at work. So finding the time to have a 1/2 hour conversation is hard.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Having a Convertible conversion is not an overnight job and I am sure they are very busy this time of year. if you do not hear back from them or cannot get in touch, let me know, I have the owners cell number. I could give him a call for you.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having a Convertible conversion is not an overnight job and I am sure they are very busy this time of year. if you do not hear back from them or cannot get in touch, let me know, I have the owners cell number. I could give him a call for you.
Thank you for that offer:thumbsup:
No it's not done over night for sure. The timing is one of my bigger questions. We have about 4 months of good driving weather here. I would like to be able to have it for a good portion of that if at all possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts