Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might sound strange or like a scam of some sort, but I would like to know if anyone would be interested ( after exchanging valid info and feeling comfortable) in swapping cars for a day or two. I'd like to know what a challenger is like to live with. I have a 2011 LS3 Corvette convertible with automatic transmission. Let me know if you have any interest. I'm located near Annapolis, MD.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Challenger

You know, you can call Enterprise and rent one for the weekend.

we had a 2019 Challenger R/T by purely chance for four days back in May, on the gulf coast and it was a blast ! It was a great car, 13k miles. It was base options package, plus heated seats. It wasn't beat up at all, run like a champ. Up and down I-10 Biloxi to Pensacola and everywhere in between.
It had Texas tags on it. Took lots of pics.

No rattles, drove super nice. It handled those quick thunderstorms with heavy rain just fine, sure footed.
It was such a nice car, that we went and bought a new 2019 'Scat-Pack' model like two weeks later. Same color as our rental was! ( Maximum steel )
We were not even looking for a new car. We're super happy with ours, and haven't looked back.

only thing, I wonder if I should have bought a 2019 model used, like the one we rented ? One with the same color but a few scratches because we're watching this one so close ! It only has 515 miles, LOL.

Go rent one, you will be impressed.
Have a good one !

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,891 Posts
I know this might sound strange or like a scam of some sort, but I would like to know if anyone would be interested ( after exchanging valid info and feeling comfortable) in swapping cars for a day or two. I'd like to know what a challenger is like to live with. I have a 2011 LS3 Corvette convertible with automatic transmission. Let me know if you have any interest. I'm located near Annapolis, MD.
Check Turo.

Also, this would be me if anyone asked me if they could do this with my car:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, you can call Enterprise and rent one for the weekend.

we had a 2019 Challenger R/T by purely chance for four days back in May, on the gulf coast and it was a blast ! It was a great car, 13k miles. It was base options package, plus heated seats. It wasn't beat up at all, run like a champ. Up and down I-10 Biloxi to Pensacola and everywhere in between.
It had Texas tags on it. Took lots of pics.

No rattles, drove super nice. It handled those quick thunderstorms with heavy rain just fine, sure footed.
It was such a nice car, that we went and bought a new 2019 'Scat-Pack' model like two weeks later. Same color as our rental was! ( Maximum steel )
We were not even looking for a new car. We're super happy with ours, and haven't looked back.

only thing, I wonder if I should have bought a 2019 model used, like the one we rented ? One with the same color but a few scratches because we're watching this one so close ! It only has 515 miles, LOL.

Go rent one, you will be impressed.
Have a good one !

It's funny that you mention rentals because I am entertaining the idea of buying a former rental. 2019 with about 10k miles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check Turo.

Also, this would be me if anyone asked me if they could do this with my car:

I definitely understand the hesitation. I was like that when I first got the Corvette. I'm a little less OCD about it now after 2 years of ownership. Thanks for the tip about Turo.

·
Registered
716 Posts
We're a very generous lot here with information, not our cars! Good luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're a very generous lot here with information, not our cars! Good luck!

Yeah, I guess a Challenger dedicated forum might not be the best place to find people who are interested in letting others drive their vehicles

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
2,315 Posts
I'll be nice and let you look at a photo of my Shaker... :bandit:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll be nice and let you look at a photo of my Shaker... :bandit:

That's a nice looking challenger. As I said before, this is obviously not the best place to find people willing to swap cars short term. For whatever it's worth, I have done this before. Once with a Porsche Cayman and once with a Maserati. I guess the difference was that the owners weren't really "car guys". They were just guys who were well off enough to have a nice car. Big difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts