Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I definitely plan on taking it to Keystone this spring, just to see if it will break 100mph (I assume so).
But I really want to let it rip in something other than a straight line, and my father in law has a Boxster he has been wanting to run somewhere. Years ago I ran at the old BeaveRun course, now Pittsburgh somethingoranother track.
Are there any others in the area?

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
528 Posts
Me me me! I'll do some autocrossing with Steel Cities at PittRace but they pissed me off limiting the annual passes so I'm not going to be too invested in them. North Hills Sports Car Club events are minutes away from me so I'll try to make most of those, maybe PittRace's Low Key events (you don't have to fetch cones!), and other random events further out like Allegheny Highlands, Misery Bay, Akron's Club, Central PA's Cone Killer Classic, Finger Lakes or Susquehanna's Hershey Park event.

A local Steel Cities guy put together spreadsheets of all local and nearby AX events on PghAx and its associated Facebook page. Great reference to check out if you're ever bored one weekend.

PittRace has expanded since the BeaveRun days and the new owners are Mopar folk with Gen4 Viper Competition Coupes! There's now a South track in addition to the old North track (which was repaved a few years back), and most track day event organizations use the full track. I'm going to expand my horizons and hit other tracks this year though - Nelson Ledges, Mid-Ohio and Pocono!

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Me me me! I'll do some autocrossing with Steel Cities at PittRace but they pissed me off limiting the annual passes so I'm not going to be too invested in them. North Hills Sports Car Club events are minutes away from me so I'll try to make most of those, maybe PittRace's Low Key events (you don't have to fetch cones!), and other random events further out like Allegheny Highlands, Misery Bay, Akron's Club, Central PA's Cone Killer Classic, Finger Lakes or Susquehanna's Hershey Park event.

A local Steel Cities guy put together spreadsheets of all local and nearby AX events on PghAx and its associated Facebook page. Great reference to check out if you're ever bored one weekend.

PittRace has expanded since the BeaveRun days and the new owners are Mopar folk with Gen4 Viper Competition Coupes! There's now a South track in addition to the old North track (which was repaved a few years back), and most track day event organizations use the full track. I'm going to expand my horizons and hit other tracks this year though - Nelson Ledges, Mid-Ohio and Pocono!
Oh, please tell me there are track days at the Ledges! My father in law raced Formula Vee for years, mainly there. Only time I drove on that track was a "tour" lap in my stock 2001 PT Cruiser with 4 people in it. I got it up to 90 on the back stretch, while his 60hp Formula Vee AVERAGED 90 on that track.
EDIT: - Looks like they do, whoohooo! FWIW, this was always the "Fastest Track West of the Mississippi"

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
528 Posts
They actually just reopened last year after a change of ownership and reinvestment. The entire surface was repaved as it had become quite a rollercoaster and would puddle water horribly; they also updated some buildings and amenities. It improved enough to earn a stop on the SCCA Pro Road Racing circuit.

I'll be going with the AutoInterests organization but Track Night in America will make a few stops too. There's apparently some Wednesday sessions but only for experienced solo drivers.

Reactions: Pioneer4x4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts