1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Part of the goodies I got with the mopar bucks
The choices were kinda weak & the cargo mat which was covered
in another thread is a lame fit the way it hits the speaker

Anyhoo was wondering if someone has pics of the mudflaps installed ?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i ordered the hidden mud flaps and plan to put them on asap

the curve of the body by the wheels means everything is kickedup onto the sides of the car...to keep the car looking good i think the mud flap idea is needed

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hmmmm. Closer and rear pics please...

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,796 Posts
Hey Oz1. If you decide to sell the MOPAR mud guards let me know. I'm interested in them. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
They're easy and look good on these cars. Make sure you have a rivet tool, you can get a 9 dollar one at Harbor Freight that comes with enough rivets to do the job. You do have drill one existing rivet out but it's really not an issue. You really can't tell as they use the same rivets. One word of caution, make sure you clean real well the portion of the body where the adhesive tape is to bond with the paint and the flaps. The flaps have two sided tape and they need to stick fairly well to the body. Oh, and you'll have take the rear wheels off. Other than that, I would put these back on again, they have done a great job of protecting the lower fenders from road dirt pitting the paint. Another trick to installing these is to not remove the protective tape all the way until you're ready to stick them on the body. Peel off enough tape film just enough to grab on too and put the rivets in first. Position and fit them, then peel off the rest of the film and gently press them into place.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Yeah they look great! I have them on my 09..NO DRILLING REQUIRED OF NEW HOLES....plastic rivets and the mate up with exsisting holes (as mentioned above you have to remove one rivet with the drill and its plastic). They blend in very well and will also be on my 392. Ditto on the harbor frieght tool works great!

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
i ordered the hidden mud flaps and plan to put them on asap

the curve of the body by the wheels means everything is kickedup onto the sides of the car...to keep the car looking good i think the mud flap idea is needed
#0465/1100

They need something down there but personally I think mud flaps are a little to radical if you don't live off a dirt road. I used the 3M Paint Protection Film Clear on all four areas below. Can't see them yet do the job great since I plan not driving/living down dirt road. Just an alternative that cost less than $20 that works great.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Flaps, Stripes, sill plates were all part of the negotiation. I drove the car without them and it was messy. You gotta put flaps on this car to protect the paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts