Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a new 2011 SRT 392 Challenger about to be delivered to me any day. But when I test drove a 2010 (which has the same audio system) that had the 13 speaker SRT high performance Kicker speakers with the 10 inch Kicker sub in the trunk I found the sound system lacking compared to my current car (2006 Eclipse with the stock awesome 500 watt Rockford Fosgate system w/sub). So I've been looking for an easy way to get some more "oomphf".

I saw Mopar sells a Dual 10 Inch Kicker Sub (part number 77KICK20AB) and I was wondering if anyone had installed it in thier SRT8 Challenger to replace the stock single 10 inch sub. If so, how much better was it? And how hard was it to install? Did you have to do wire splicing, or was it a straight hook up?

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Try search on the forums, might be info.

·
Registered
194 Posts
A few on this site have done it but the words 'not cheap' come to mind right off the bat and that's before install.

Kicker do a nice job of the install steps on their OEM site but what a dealer charges for these parts is way too much.
http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/mopar/images/77KICK20.jpg
http://www.kicker.com/sites/default/files/mopar/pdf/KICK20AB.pdf

I replaced my single 10" Kicker with a Dual 12" MTX hooked to a MTX mono amp pushing well over 600w and spent $500 for the parts and self installed over a weekend.

Sonic Electronix is the only place I shop now.

MTX Audio JackHammer JH5512X2D
MTX Audio JackHammer JH600

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try search on the forums, might be info.
I did that first actually. Search for "Kicker Dual" and the only thing you will find is a guy that has one for sale.

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome write up. This was exactly what I was looking for. I just have a couple of questions:

1) You didn't go into too much detail in your post on how much better this sounds than not having the dual box. So if you had to put a number on it, would you say you get 50% more bass, 20%, etc? I'm just trying to gauge how much better it is and if it is worth the $800. I bought an Inaugural Edition and I am thinking about applying the $500 Mopar bucks you get with the car to this.

2) One of the guys in that thread (ColdSRT) says something about needing to hook up some wires backwards. Is he referring to backwards compared to the stock instructions, or backwards compared to your instructions. In other words, were your installation instructions right or wrong?

Thanks again, awesome write up!

·
Registered
126 Posts
If I were to do it again I would have went something else aftermarket. I also have issues with battery drain from the subs as well.(although not all that have installed it have the same problem) Sound is ok and thanks to the awesome post with pics by a forum member its easy to install

1 - 8 of 8 Posts