Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
All the impact sensors are a new, smaller part 2015 and up. The locations for the sensors are the same, but the new sensors only use one mounting point and an oval locating tab vs. two bolts for the 2013 sensors. All that was required was the oval locating hole. My hole is not an oval because I had broken my oval drill bits. This round hole more than works.

Here is a pic of my left frame rail. On the hellcat there are three rivnuts here to bolt the intercooler pump base bracket too. I tried Facebook and the Hellcat forum for people to give me some measurements on the rivnut placement. No help was given so I found a pic online at Cleveland Pick-A-Part of a wrecked Hellcat front frame rail to determine rough placement based on frame holes. I also used the bare pump bracket bolted to the front bumper reinforcement to help layout the holes. Went together flawlessly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Here are some pics of the conversion of the 2016 engine harness to 2017 and up models. The 2015 and 2016 models used a large crankcase pressure sensor in the intake boot. The 2019 airbox I'm using doesn't use this goofy setup. The makeup air hose is much more streamlined for 2019. The first pic shows the connector difference. The connector and pins needed to be changed. Here is the new connector and pins to convert it.

You can see the power steering pump has been removed and the 2019 delete pully setup installed.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
No real work today though because it looked like this:

I did manage to get to the parts department to pick up some parts and exchange the upper radiator support that was damaged in transit.

Washer btl sensr 5152029AB $3.15 - The washer bottle and pump are the same. The level sensor is a new part and pushes in.
P/S wire brkt bolt 6104227AA $3.45 The power steering connectors mount to a bracket that bolts to where the old electric power steering pump was bolted to the k-member. Wish I had saved the bolts that mounted the pump.
Exh tps 68238040AC 41AC - free - Bought a set of Hellcat tips off eBay that came with exhaust servo motors and the flaps. Sold the servos with flaps for more than I paid for all of it on eBay.
Frnt impact blts 6510026AA 2ea 3.25 - Impact sensors in the front needed to be swapped to the new style. I also bought the upper radiator support because the new sensors will not fit in the same location as the old sensors. Modifying the upper radiator support in this location is not possible.
Kick pnl Rt 1ZA02DX9AB $39
Trans change 68266725AB $163 - Full pan and filter kit for my type 2 A8 trans. 2015 to early 16 are one type and then some revisions were made late 2016.
Trans fluid BND $149 - Arrived yesterday from BND. Supposedly this is the best Lifeguard fluid you can buy.

Here is a pic I snapped at the dealer of how the front impact sensors mount. Way wider area on the newer part. Otherwise the upper support is unchanged.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,305 Posts
Yeah, it's single digit temps by me which even with a garage is too cold to wrench effectively.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,503 Posts
So many details...

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,305 Posts
Man, wonder how it was "wrecked". Looks like the it was a perfectly fine hell cat that was turned into a donor car and only had some body panels, glass, doors, and roof stripped of it. Seems like such a waste but I get that's what the big boys with money can afford.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Man, wonder how it was "wrecked". Looks like the it was a perfectly fine hell cat that was turned into a donor car and only had some body panels, glass, doors, and roof stripped of it. Seems like such a waste but I get that's what the big boys with money can afford.
Hard left turn under a tractor trailer box.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Today was the day to finally light this thing off. Discovered that I had MAP codes for all for MAP sensors. Apparently 2018-2020 use a 3bar MAP (Demon) vs 2015-2017 use a 2bar MAP. Spent a while going thorough wiring diagrams checking to make sure that the 5V and GND pins in the PCM connectors weren’t different between the 2016 engine harness and the 2019 PCM. All wiring checks out here. Finally checked the parts fische and found my answer. So now waiting on four new MAP sensors. Major bummer. Did manage to change the trans fluid and filter though. Whoever put the full plug on the side of the transmission with so little clearance to the tunnel should be shot!

·
Registered
10 Posts
V6 to a hellcat that’s nice , I have a 2013 v6 fully converted to a 2016 scat pack done by my brother 2 years ago it’s in the forum somewhere

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
436 Posts
I'm curious about how the 8 speed fits in the body. I've always heard the 8 speed is bigger and doesn't fit in the pre-2015 bodies.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I'm curious about how the 8 speed fits in the body. I've always heard the 8 speed is bigger and doesn't fit in the pre-2015 bodies.
The bodies and transmission tunnel are unchanged throughout the entire run. That was nonsense.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Subwoofer is in as well as the active damping control module. The subwoofer rivnut had to be drilled and is a special sealed-type rinnut. The cutouts for the u-nuts to mount the module were there thankfully. I think starting in 2012 active damping was an option on these cars. Made it was easier to also place the two front and rear damping sensors.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
343 Posts
That’s an insane amount of work. Props to the OP, amazing job. One question: has there been any part that has driven you nuts to the point where you go “what the hell was I thinking?”

Reactions: RMassa187
41 - 60 of 115 Posts