Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our Nephew got married in CO a couple of weeks ago and we are having a local reception in NH soon. His Mom asked everyone to bring lawn games. He and I had made a plan to make a set of cornhole boards together, but we never got together. So it made sense, since I had the lumber for them, to knock them together for the party. I did so in the driveway (still need to paint them) then cleaned up and swept the driveway. Got cleaned up then hopped in the Challenger to take my Wife to dinner. Didn't make it 100 feet and the low tire pressure warning came on for the right rear tire (flashed 10 psi at me). I stopped, turned around and returned to my driveway. Hopped out and sure enough...deck screw in the outer edge. Told my Wife to get in the truck and left the car for the morning. I always carry a plugging kit in the car so I broke it out, pumped up the tire and plugged it...which was pretty difficult in that location given the thickness of the rubber.

Luckily, although I scored four new tires at Tirerack for $130 each, I hadn't mounted them yet so the screw is in a tire on its last legs, as you can see, even though it has only 12,000 miles on it (I hope everyone else had better luck with their PZeros and that my new set lasts a lot longer). I made an appointment with the dealer to get the tires mounted but have to wait until Saturday morning. The dealer isn't far, but I think I will have to make two trips to get the car and the tires there!

·
Registered
475 Posts
two trips.
Better idea. Borrow a friends truck, give them $20 ( One trip in Challenger and no tires in trunk)
Do you know someone with a subaru & a utility trailer? That works also. ( If its a good older Subaru)

Best regards

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can fit all four at one time. I did it when I got a set of 4 winter tires/wheels. Get some large size, heavy duty garbage bags to put the tires in to protect your interior. I cant remember if I folded the rear seats down or not. I think one of the wheels had to ride shotgun.

·
Registered
397 Posts
You can fit all four at one time. I did it when I got a set of 4 winter tires/wheels. Get some large size, heavy duty garbage bags to put the tires in to protect your interior. I cant remember if I folded the rear seats down or not. I think one of the wheels had to ride shotgun.
Exactly how I did it. 3 in the back with the seat down and 1 shotgun. Also did it 1 in the back where the spare was, one on top of that, 2 in the back seat.

Ron

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,553 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
461 Posts
I did 2 in the trunk, and 2 in the back seat in bags. Standard size 20 inchers with 245's. Of course, I only had to drive 2 miles.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys. I have a truck, but one trip would be easier. I figured that somebody must know if it was possible. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put the seat down, three in the trunk and one on a blanket in the front seat. Dealer woudn't let me take them out though they promised to be gentle. No apparent issues after. Hit me a $25 a tire for the swap.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One more thing. Don't make your own cornhole boards unless you are a glutton for punishment. It takes a $100 of materials and $300 worth of time to make $150 worth of cornhole boards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts