Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some work on my 09' SRT8 6-spd and found these markings underneath the manifold. Anybody know what they might mean? In particular the colorfully painted number 1' near the back (top of photo).
Thanks,
Justin

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Looks like someone got bored lol

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure the 6.1 even has spots for MDS, or maybe it does and they just don't use it. Maybe casting plugs, not sure...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's weird as I'm sure you've seen more than your fair share of 6.1 blocks. Kinda reminds me of a logo we have in the fire service, the number one with and asterisk next to it (1*), as in "one ass too risk!". Only this appears to be a 1 with a degree symbol next too it. Not sure what one degree would mean on the intake though, something referring to factory timing maybe?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since we're stumped so far on this one, maybe you guys know what these two unused cooling connections are for on the upper drivers side heat exchanger. They clearly go into a cooling channel and have snap ring type locks for the connections. They're just sitting there open and unused. Factory oil cooler option maybe? As a side note my car did not qualify for the power steering cooler RRT.

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
1° typically means primary, doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
On post # 1 since the engine was built in Mexico only someone from the Mex engine plant could explain this.The intake manifold is on the engine when we get it so we never see that. Now on post #11 th same cooling module is used for auto and manual cars so that is the auto trans cooler connections.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info BB! Weird marking on the engine huh? I'm curious enough to keep searching, especially since Andy sees allot of these motors and hasn't seen it before. Maybe it was just someone bored @ the engine plant...

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Brampton Builder would know. Maybe he will chime in.
The V8 engines are built/assembled in Mexico - complete long blocks are shipped to the plant for installation on the line at Brampton.

Might even have the accessories and harnesses installed before these leave Mexico asa well.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
The V8 engines are built/assembled in Mexico - complete long blocks are shipped to the plant for installation on the line at Brampton.

Might even have the accessories and harnesses installed before these leave Mexico asa well.
harness yes from mex , but we put on the big items alt , starter , ac comp , belts , ps pump .

1 - 20 of 26 Posts