Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was showing a co worker under the hood at the stuff I had put on the car and the girl noticed this green rubbery stuff on the wire loome by the fuse box. I don't think it was there when I put the fuse cover or Biilet washer filler cap on and the only other time anyone was under there was when they changed the oil last week. Anyone know what it is or why it's there?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Your Challenger is going "Green"!

·
Registered
393 Posts
SO! Your the one that did the "Hit and Run" on Shrek.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like the paint or whatever the use to mark the bolts after they tighten them. No worries : )

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't see how it could have been there when I installed the Billet washer fluid cap and me not see it but can't see how the dealership would have done it. The only thing they have done under the hood was change the oil. Like someone said, Other than looking ugly and not seeing how to get to it good enough to get it off it's not hurting anything.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks like the paint or whatever the use to mark the bolts after they tighten them. No worries : )
This is exactly what it looks like. I use this stuff all the time on GPS installs so I can see if someone tampers with my installs trying to defeat the tracking system. Its called torque-seal.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: I went by the dealership today and ask about this. The service manager said they don't use anything like that and didn't do it. I guess I need to start locking the doors so people don't get in and open the hood and make a mess. Thanks for you guys help and some smart a$$ answers. I'll clean it up and life will go on.

·
Banned
675 Posts
taste it... my girlfriend always get's mad at me when my old cars are leaking and I always taste it to see what it is

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It doesn't leak down from the inner fender and I'm not tasteing it. Lite I said I'm thinking it must be from the UFO folks and might be their solid waste.

·
Registered
416 Posts
taste it... my girlfriend always get's mad at me when my old cars are leaking and I always taste it to see what it is
You're like the Sonny Crockett of the car world... except he'd taste cocaine to make sure it was real! :pimp:

*BTW: you're nutz! LOL

·
Banned
675 Posts
It doesn't leak down from the inner fender and I'm not tasteing it. Lite I said I'm thinking it must be from the UFO folks and might be their solid waste.
leave it on there for challengerfest, i'll taste it then, kinda curious now

Two important factors we have as humans! The smell test, and the taste test, they've resolved many of my auto problems (kidding)

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really think it's Martian poop. I saved some that I peeled off that I'll take to CF2 so you can make a meal of it. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts